Prof ...

I want to sample some chili that is the equivalent of a police beating at least once in my life. Does anyone make it that hot?

I'm not into really really really hot chili...never saw the point...if you can't taste what you're eating for the heat then why? I'd rather taste what's in it and the balance of seasonings myself :shrug:

tonks said:
So can I but I don't like what it does to my stomach nowadays. (Note, such chili should always be cooked outside, and downwind form the stockyards. ;) )

well, i make chili that is just hot enough to be hot in louisiana...what that means in other sissified parts of the country...

My chili recipe calls for beer and maple syrup....

Yeah, so I'm Canadian.

I make a damn good chili though :)

oooooooooooh I've always wanted to try one with maple syrup :licklips:

if there is a recipe, could you post it?

my nuclear chili would peal the paint off your neighbors house. eat it and despair! every superbowl i make a huge vat of "normal spicy" chili. the nuclear stuff i just make in a little pot because no one can eat it except a few of us idiots who sit there sweating and pawing at our faces before diving for the guacamole.

Hell, the chilli here is bland and borin' :( Never had the chance to try the authentic stuff :crying4:

Now, a good Fhaal curry...........then yer really talkin' strippin the enamal off the toilet! :flame:

Leslie said:
oooooooooooh I've always wanted to try one with maple syrup :licklips:

if there is a recipe, could you post it?

I don't generally work with measured recipes, but I usually throw in some combination of the following:

- Ground beef and pork
-a susage that stikes my fancy, somthing where the casing can be removed, like italian
-kidney beans (canned works, drained, but I like to soak my own overnight because they hold up better when you cook the stuff forever)
-white onions
-a load of minced garlic
-a couple of cans of whole italian tomatos with the juice that I crush by hand before adding.
-can of tomato paste
-moosehead beer (duh :))
-mayple syrup (I add to taste, after all the other ingredients, because the amount dpents on the seetness of the tomatos)
-chili powder
-cumin
-cayenne pepper
-oregano

Cook the shit out of it and serve :D

unclehobart said:
Dayum, Thulsa.. can I come over for some chilliwack on superbowl sunday?

Are you within 1000 miles of me?

well Im in DC so I think that qualifies. Turns out i got stuck at the airport for like 6 hours and didnt get home till half time and the chili had been cooking all day so its a thicker then Id like but still pretty good. 13 roasted habaneros worth in there.

Leslie said:
I'm not into really really really hot chili...never saw the point...if you can't taste what you're eating for the heat then why? I'd rather taste what's in it and the balance of seasonings myself :shrug:

Kills the lingering aroma of death surrounding meat contained within :winkkiss:

Personally ,I like the aroma though :shrug:

Professur said:
That's pretty much the point of the thead. Unless you think you can send me a sample that'll still be safe to taste.

Didn't think to bring a sample, didya?

Professur said:
Didn't think to bring a sample, didya?

did you read the Yumm thread, burnt my mouth out!!!

I think she can, if she has the time, and the moment of lucidity

unclehobart said:
I want to sample some chili that is the equivalent of a police beating at least once in my life. Does anyone make it that hot?
Tonks said:
Just wonderin if you got that Police beating yet?

Back