Prop 8 upheld

hmmm. i wonder which viewpoint is more american?

Ooh, ooh!! I know!! Pick me, me!!!!

Actually, I find that it's typically American to hold the attitude that everyone is free to say or believe or do what they want as long as I don't disapprove. :grinyes: It ain't right, but it's the way most people are.

What has he done right...so far?

how about "made strong words to israel about laying off on new settlements, something that the last administration also believed but was too limp-wristed to actually do something about."

oh, right, you think the fringe right-wingers in israel are beyond reproach. sorry. ignore this...

fortunately, not everyone (yourself included) is caught up in the imaginary, irrational, bullshit cheerleading whirlwind of "everything obama is wrong holy fucking foreigner muslim commie!!!!"

:wave2:

The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

During a conference call in preparation for President Obama's trip to Cairo, Egypt, where he will address the Muslim world, deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Denis McDonough said "the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to -- or before he's been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world -- you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago."

how about "made strong words to israel about laying off on new settlements, something that the last administration also believed but was too limp-wristed to actually do something about."

oh, right, you think the fringe right-wingers in israel are beyond reproach. sorry. ignore this...

Israelis growing increasingly anxious about Obama policies

JERUSALEM — Sirens blared across Israel on Tuesday as the nation carried out its biggest-ever "doomsday" drill meant to simulate a catastrophic attack.

The faux fears, however, were overshadowed by deepening anxiety in Jerusalem that Israel is heading for an unavoidable political showdown with President Barack Obama over the center-right government's refusal to stop building Jewish homes in the predominantly Palestinian West Bank.

Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel's largest daily newspaper, carried a front-page story Tuesday bluntly titled: "The American Threat."

Its biggest competitor, Maariv, carried a bold headline: "Pressure."

The building apprehension comes as Obama is preparing to make a direct appeal to the Islamic world in Cairo on Thursday that's widely seen as a chance for the U.S. to launch a new, more cooperative era with Arab nations in the Middle East.

Bronski said:
"All I vant is peace...[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A little piece of Poland/A little piece of France/A little piece of Hungary/And Austria, perchance?"[/FONT]
Just give us piece.

Arabs live, in peace & prosperity, in Israel. Those who want to blow Israel up suffer the consequences. Hardly radical right wing.

Arabs live, in peace & prosperity, in Israel.

as second class citizens at best.

Those who want to blow Israel up suffer the consequences. Hardly radical right wing.

i'm sorry, to whom are you referring exactly? the ones that got blown up are hardly radical right? the ones blowing them up are hardly radical right? what???

nah, it doesn't matter. i know where you stand. just keep waving your flag(s).

Give it a few months and you'll see it going back upstairs to the Supreme Court using the 14th Due process and right to privacy issues to overturn it.
Maybe faster than even the SS_Marriage people want
When super-lawyers Ted Olson and David Boies went to court last week to ask a federal judge to toss out California's Proposition 8, one might have expected longtime gay-marriage advocates to welcome the move with open arms. After all, not only is Olson, 69, one of the preeminent members of the Supreme Court bar and Boies an acclaimed trial lawyer who famously squared off with Olson in 2000 when they took opposing sides in the Supreme Court's landmark Bush v. Gore election case. But perhaps even more important symbolically, Olson is a former top lawyer in the George W. Bush and Reagan administrations, the epitome of a mainstream Republican insider, and he is now aligning himself squarely with the gay-rights activists that so many voices in his party have demonized over the years.
TIME

obama is wrong about several things.

However.....there's always that qualifier......

".........but my father came from a Kenyan family that includes generations of Muslims. As a boy, I spent several years in Indonesia and heard the call of the azaan at the break of dawn and the fall of dusk. As a young man, I worked in Chicago communities where many found dignity and peace in their Muslim faith."

:rolleyes:

obama_index_june_5_2009.jpg

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 34% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-four percent (34%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0. That’s the highest level of strong disapproval and the lowest overall rating yet recorded (see trends).

are you addressing someone or something in particular here? all i can see is an increasingly large puddle of spittle. you're making markjs's blather seem pointed and coherent by comparison.

imgad

Back