questions on substance abuse ...

SouthernN'Proud said:
Not here. 1 in 4 by 8th grade have tried meth here. It is epidemic, rampant, and out of control.
Reminds me of a commercial that I saw once about pot-smoking.

35% of children who smoke pot live in major metropolitan cities.

Guess where the other 65% live?
arc-suburbia.jpg

MrBishop said:
Reminds me of a commercial that I saw once about pot-smoking.

35% of children who smoke pot live in major metropolitan cities.

Guess where the other 65% live?
arc-suburbia.jpg

That just remind me of yet another one....

30% of car accidents are caused by alcohol.
so BEWARE of those that never drink!!!

here the big problems are drinking, marijuana and meth. Huffing and sniffing isn't one of those things that's doen very much.

Ice (meth) is the one drug I hate with my entire being. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Not here. 1 in 4 by 8th grade have tried meth here. It is epidemic, rampant, and out of control.

:eyepop: boioioing...waaaaahhh?? That's insane. What happened to breaking into the parents liquor cabinet or soaking a rag in paint thinner to get a buzz? Innocence lost.

rrfield said:
:eyepop: boioioing...waaaaahhh?? That's insane. What happened to breaking into the parents liquor cabinet or soaking a rag in paint thinner to get a buzz? Innocence lost.
Kids experiment first with the most easily available drug. Everyone drank around where I grew up. Around TN right now it's meth. If you smell chemicals anytime, you can bet your last dollar there's a meth lab nearby.

I'll be doing my part, gonna put all PSE (main ingredient in meth, pseudoephedrine) in the pharmacy next week (gotta get a tech license, haven't had it in 5 years, I can legally go in the pharmacy again, woohoo!). Our store had 290 items with PSE in it, but 110 of them are discontinued. All of the other 180 will be in the pharmacy at all times, no exceptions. A lot of the major cold medicines are changing their formulas to phenylephrine instead of PSE for their decongestant. Makes it kinda tough right now to get cold medicine as a lot of stores are running out of the old and haven't gotten the new yet so selection is a little slim and the departments look a little sloppy, but by the time the cold season really hits everyone should be ready.

chcr said:
Kids experiment first with the most easily available drug. Everyone drank around where I grew up. Around TN right now it's meth. If you smell chemicals anytime, you can bet your last dollar there's a meth lab nearby.

Yeah, I know, but jesus tapdancing christ, meth in junior high?

Just an indicator. Hawkins County is the neighboring county. Small, ultra-rural, huge in acreage but sparsely populated. This is one day's activity.

trial docket

Note the ages of those arrested.

Back