quitting is for christians

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have never given up anything but I am thinking I will this year. I am thinking Chocolate but have no decided for sure yet.

mondomondo

I haven't stepped (willingly) near a church in almost ten years. Or a mosque, or a synagogue, or a temple, or a fellowship hall. I'm not about to start now.

Things I would be willing to give up, though: meat (except fish), milk products, and junk food. I would give those up anyway, as I'm trying to optimize my health. Now would be a good time to do it, though.

I would not give up masturbation. If I'm not in a relationship and I'm not having regular sex ... I'm sorry, I'm touchin' it. Frequently and often. You wouldn't ask an out-of-work baker to stop cooking, would you? :D

I would also give up being sedentary. I'm already riding the recumbent stationary bike at least every other day. Make it every day. And at least a two-mile walk every day as well.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
I will give up corn and soy.

Doesn't count :p

I told my friend I was gonna give up weed...she said "Do you smoke weed?" I said "Not really...maybe once or twice a year at parties" she informed me this is an unacceptable sacrifice and maybe I should give up alcohol...I informed her I have an open bar formal on March 31 and I WON'T be giving up alcohol.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I'm considering giving up the internet.

That would be like...the ultimate lent sacrifice, EVER, in the history of TIME. I don't think you should do it though...I'd miss you to much :sadhug:

Slim Pickens

Morning, all-

I am actually giving up cokes (sodas, to most of you) and SMOKING for Lent. Also, Roz and I will not be eating meat on Fridays. We are both Methodist, but we have heavy Catholic influence in both families.

unclehobart

Nixy said:
Doesn't count :p

I told my friend I was gonna give up weed...she said "Do you smoke weed?" I said "Not really...maybe once or twice a year at parties" she informed me this is an unacceptable sacrifice and maybe I should give up alcohol...I informed her I have an open bar formal on March 31 and I WON'T be giving up alcohol.
Actually.. I've already failed. I just licked the sealing glue on an envelope for the mortgage. Such glue is derived from corn. Avoiding corn and soy is a truly monumental task.

Slim Pickens

BTW, Tonks-love the new av.

Also, you should know that for dessert last night, we had a cream filled king cake from Gambino's :headbng2:

Professur

unclehobart said:
Actually.. I've already failed. I just licked the sealing glue on an envelope for the mortgage. Such glue is derived from corn. Avoiding corn and soy is a truly monumental task.

And you know this, because your tongue is now swelling up?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:

Except lent doesn't start til Wednesday

tonksy

My care package to carry me through lent arrived today! I ordered myself some of these! I had them in Montana when I was visiting my dad and fell in love! Awesome cookies, you should try them.

Gotholic

Two years ago I gave up drinking pop. Last year I gave up pop and sweets.

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to give up this year. I'm probably going to give up pop, sweets, and fried food.

Every year I try to make it harder and harder on myself.