Rat bastard questions

Professur

If your wife had a hard labour, and the baby was born... but damaged. Only had hours to live. Would you give the name you'd picked to that child, knowing that you'll never have that name for a living child thereafter? Or would you keep that precious name for a child that would live long enough to hear it, and even speak it themselves?

What a shitty thing to think about.......BUT, the baby I lost would have been named Jackson if it was a boy and I never considered it in subsequent pregnancies. We luckily had not settled on a girls name.

I'd have to be in the situation, but for the most part, I think I would save the name.

For me, the name goes with that baby no matter how long it lives. Same for if a name is picked out but the kid is stillborn or there's a miscarriage.

I don't know. I tried very hard not to pick names for my future kids but when I was in highschool the boy name just came to me...middle name and all...and when I was driving the other day I saw a sign (like, literally a road sign...not a "sign from God" or something) and the girl's name came to me. I love both the names and have actually thought about what I would do in the above described situation and I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't know.

well, we don't pick names beforehand so that's not a problem. And if the name comes to us in a dream, that's the name they get regardless.

The child would have gotten the name, and would always have been thought of with that name. Pretty easy question, actually. Got another? The title said questions...

The name stays if I've already picked it out. There are plenty of other names out there considering the number of books with 100k baby names out there.

I'm not that egotistical.. but then hypothetically, I'd have to skip a number.

Marc the third instead of Marc jr.

i know when my aunt and uncle had kids, they didnt pick names until after the kids were born.

Back