Record Broken...

Re: Reord Broken...

*melts into a puddle at the thought of that heat without A/C*

Hmm, that's what I thought I was yesterday...

... when I walked into my living-room at 8.30 am, which faces northeast, I was hit by a wall of heat so I knew it had to be at least 100F and opening all the windows did no good at all. I think I had at least 4 showers to cool off durning the day and last night... I didn't bother drying myself because it evaporated so quickly...

My computer was running at 59C, so I wasn't online much.

Aunty Em said:

... when I walked into my living-room at 8.30 am, which faces northeast, I was hit by a wall of heat so I knew it had to be at least 100F and opening all the windows did no good at all. I think I had at least 4 showers to cool off durning the day and last night... I didn't bother drying myself because it evaporated so quickly...

Aah...we only had temps of about 32 cel. here, but about 69% humidity...so everything is sticky and seaty, wether I like it or not

Aunty Em said:

ahhhhhhhhhh! No humidity!!! I could live with that!

MrBishop said:
Aah...we only had temps of about 32 cel. here, but about 69% humidity...so everything is sticky and seaty, wether I like it or not
We don't get humidity readings here... they probably don't want to frighten us any more than they already have, but the only way I can sleep is to have a cool shower and then go to bed naked on top of the bed. Then I need another shower when I get up 'cos being on the ground floor I have to keep the windows shut at night - that's why I wanted a desk fan.

I tried to get one today... what a joke! You can't get them for love or money, everyone and his wife is sold out! I seem to remember doing this last year, so when they get some new stock in September I'm going to invest in a couple for next year... that should guarentee a cold, rainy summer! :rolleyes:

Oh wow, I really feel for you. Last summer was like that for us, we hit the record for most days over 90 degrees. This year hasn't been so bad. But I hate that feeling too, taking a shower to cool off, only to start sweating the minute the water goes off!

Those are the days you need at least a fan, if not a/c or a pool or something. I remember my first apartment was on the second floor with no a/c, no fan. The thermostat on the wall went up to 100 and it was pinned past it so I had no idea how hot it was. I got no air in there, it was terrible. I slept terribly, it was always fitful sleep, tossing and turning. God that was a horrible existance for a while.

greenfreak said:
Oh wow, I really feel for you. Last summer was like that for us, we hit the record for most days over 90 degrees. This year hasn't been so bad. But I hate that feeling too, taking a shower to cool off, only to start sweating the minute the water goes off!

Ever felt the sweat while taking the shower?, not even full cold water would remove the sensation of heat.

Temp was around 40-42ºC, with very-high humidity (on the coast, and even breathing was difficult).

When I lived in Florida, it got pretty damn hot. But we had central air and ceiling fans everywhere and a pool right inside the front of the house so it was doable.

I know what you mean about breathing though. I took a walk down to the beach the other night and got a pretty good wheeze goin. I had to stop and relax because I usually don't take my inhaler with me on walks. I might have to now though when it's hot and humid.

I don't remember hearing ours at all. There was one in our house in NY though that wasn't as level and secure as it should have been and used to click with every spin when it was on high. But I guess if it's installed correctly, you wouldn't get that.

That with some well placed fans would probably be a help. It's also good for air circulation and preventing mold.

Just make sure whoever installs it puts it on a joist, i've seen one or 2 installations done on bare plasterboard with wall plugs, guess how long that lasted? :lol2:

about 2 seconds... :)

I would be installing it myself. I'm not sure exactly what the ceiling is, but my walls are solid breezeblock... I have to use a hammer drill to hang anything heavy and special plaster hooks for my smaller pictures.

I'm thinking of the brass effect one in the living room and the white one in the bedrooms.

Back