Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opium

• other

• Total voters

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I think that everyone needs to believe in *something*. It's what propels us forward. It is very personal and no one is wrong about thier beliefs. My beliefs are strong, but I would never hold ill-will to anyone who disagreed - even argued - with me.

It all boils down to tolerance and understanding :)

ris

Gonz said:
atheism isn't a religion (yes I'm being difficult, again)

it sure ain't, the truth in this case isn't difficult. but in essence it is the nearest that can be said of my belief in comparison with others of faith.

Jas101

He should have thought about that BEFORE he blew his own brains out.

He was a silly, silly boy...........

75renegade

Jus' a loser from Southern Indiana........like that really matters.

What is atheism? denial? anti-conformity? daddy-wasn't-there for-me?

Question here is......what do you really believe?

Is there anyone/anything worth denying yerself for?

Why not indulge yerself an' the nature you were given 'til the day yer removed from this terre-ferma/?

It's been said, "he who stands for nothing, falls for anything".

Truth is, most of us have found nothing,in our lives,WORTH standing for.

Gotta tell ya, when someone comes into yer life, who is all about proving to ya, that you are worth the sacrifice of their selfish desire, jus' to know an; love ya, as ya are,it sorta changes yer perspective..............no.... it changes yer perspective completely.

Someone walked into my life one day, with love like that.........an' all my defenses an' pretences fell to the ground an' became meaningless.

Never been the same since, even though I'm still as frail as I was then.........an' hopfully more so. :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
To me, is to believe in yourself, to know that you are the one in control of many things in your life.

Me.

Denying....??? :confuse3:

Why not indulge yerself an' the nature you were given 'til the day yer removed from this terre-ferma/?
Because nobody gave me a thing, if i have to thank somebody, those would be my parents.

I stand for me.

75renegade said:
Truth is, most of us have found nothing,in our lives,WORTH standing for.

Gotta tell ya, when someone comes into yer life, who is all about proving to ya, that you are worth the sacrifice of their selfish desire, jus' to know an; love ya, as ya are,it sorta changes yer perspective..............no.... it changes yer perspective completely.

Someone walked into my life one day, with love like that.........an' all my defenses an' pretences fell to the ground an' became meaningless.

Never been the same since, even though I'm still as frail as I was then.........an' hopfully more so. :)

I try to be "as i am" all the time, no matter if i'm receiving love or not, when i became atheist i also destroyed my "defenses".

ris

i deny nothing. my being an atheist has nothing to do with not wishing to conform or my upbringing.

largely i believe in rationality and reason. i see no reason to believe in deities.

humankind? why deny yourself?

indeed, why not. a belief in a deity does not change the 'enjoy life until you die' bit. just the bit after.

i just don't stand for religion, other things i decide upon individually

Aunty Em

Atheist, however, i used to be Christian/Catholic

Ditto - seems to get of lot of us that way.

I am Christian, but I do not 'belong' to a church

I never did find many christians in any church I've been to. True christians practice their faith on a day to day basis like being kind to assholes, turning the other cheek and helping people who really need help - without judging. And they do it with quiet dignity not for what they can get out of it - like Mother Theresa - now that is true christianity. That's my opinion anyway.

unclehobart

luis, I think the word is niegue. restrain, esp. from indulging in some pleasure; "She denied herself wine and spirits.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
thx unc. :)

I'd only restrain from doing things i like if such actions are affecting someone i love, or because i need to.