religious discrimination

Adding onto what I said before too.... I think another reason religion is soo popular is that the extremely religious have the problem with when you die your dead...!!! It takes away the hope of the human spirit which for most of them who are extremely religious means they weren't really here to start with! Just my $.02

Leslie said:
I'd be interested in a brief briefing on how that happened :)

i was wiccan, but over time, i felt it less and less.
i happened to be going to a youth group thing. i'd been going for a couple of years. it got me to understand christianity better. it was controversial at time, it was a group that really made you think. but it was a great group. and one night, i really felt christ there in my heart, and i went with my friends, and we talked more, and i asked questions and such... and then i accepted christ.

some have accused these friends of "converting" me, but i really think they just showed me the way.

i feel this. it brings me joy. i know it's right for me.

:swing:

ash r said:
no; i merely became informed.

So then - what were you before? Ignorant? Misguided? Ill-informed?

(not trying to dis you - I reckon it's great that you've chosen to become a Christian & you sure as hell don't owe me any explanations, I'm just wondering if you feel more 'enlightened' now?)

Isn't it odd how we expect christians to show respect to someone who doesn't believe and then when a christian explains their beliefs they are accused of being brainwashed.

Ash, if that is what you truly believe then all credit to you.

I wish I was anything like as certain about faith.

I think its the idea of how they get people to believe or somethng. I think it can be legit. also some Xtians can be disrespectful of others beliefs. but so can pagans, Muslims, Hindus the list goes on

Gotnolegs said:
Isn't it odd how we expect christians to show respect to someone who doesn't believe and then when a christian explains their beliefs they are accused of being brainwashed.

Ash, if that is what you truly believe then all credit to you.

I wish I was anything like as certain about faith.

Good point! My only problem with any religion is that I don't want to be forced to lsten to things I'm not interested in.

chcr said:
Good point! My only problem with any religion is that I don't want to be forced to lsten to things I'm not interested in.

Exactly! If you feel satisfied with the answers your wisdom tradition gives you, great. But PLEASE don't assume everyone has the same questions you did.

No, I meant proselytising fools in the real world. I hate it when people assume that I have the same spiritual needs they do, and that my atheism is some sort of affliction a good dose of religion can cure.

What she said. I am happy to discuss religion with anyone, I will not be preached at (and I have a fairly extensive capacity for rudeness).

Why are you all so eager to pre-empt any "preaching" on her part? Has she given any indication at all that she would do? Not at all. How's that for discrimination? :disgust2:

Back