Resistance is futile...

chcr

Too cute for words
Got a Blackberry and a bluetooth headset last week. I'm becoming Borg, aren't I?

Yes, in fact I have already posted here on it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I still use my cellphone for phone calls and sms. Anything extra I can do with my laptop.

But as a geek, congrats on your new toy ;) :D

tonksy

I believe I am blackberry bound in August when my contract is up for renewal. My phone has been having death throes this year and a battery swap has only postponed the inevitable.

Chic - Tell me something, I know you must have music files on your blackberry. Are you able to assign your files as ring tones? And can you assign a different music file to each different contact? I can do this on my current phone and I rather wish to keep the ability. The iphone will not allow this without a hack and I am not that talented....and I do not wish to purchase music that I already own a second time in order to accomplish this as I would have to do with the iphone.

chcr

Too cute for words
I believe I am blackberry bound in August when my contract is up for renewal. My phone has been having death throes this year and a battery swap has only postponed the inevitable.

Chic - Tell me something, I know you must have music files on your blackberry. Are you able to assign your files as ring tones? And can you assign a different music file to each different contact? I can do this on my current phone and I rather wish to keep the ability. The iphone will not allow this without a hack and I am not that talented....and I do not wish to purchase music that I already own a second time in order to accomplish this as I would have to do with the iphone.

Umm... I don't know. :blush: I haven't fooled with it much other than to add an ebook reader (and of course half a gig or so of tunes). I know for certain you can assign each contact their own ring tone and I'm relatively sure you can use mp3s as ring tones but I'm not 100% certain. Look at the forums at blackberry.com and crackberry.com. I'll know in a few days but right now I have to figure out the things Dara needs to know for GPS navigation, bluetooth and hands free (which we have never had before) for her trip to DC in a couple of weeks. She's a delegate from TN for the American Nursing Association's annual dealio and she's decided to drive.

Note that we got Curves (qwerty kevboards) rather than Pearls.

tonksy

Well let me know....(or maybe I'll actually check those sites). I just hate that the salespeople canot answer my questions. I remember when they used to be knowledgable about their product.

chcr

Too cute for words
Well, I drove to work today using the GPS navigation feature and I got here okay so it evidently works. :nerd:

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't suppose the fact that you've been to work before helped...

Possibly. I made it keep recalculating the route. It didn't know about the new freeway exit. I suppose it thought I was driving across the field?

I notice it has a woman's voice. Fair enough. I suppose they hold the copyrights on telling us how to drive anyway...:headbang:

H2O boy

Hehe, aint that the truth?

Thats one reason I dont want a gps system. I travel some with my job and have considered getting one. Just cant' bring myself to do it though. Its bad enough when my car starts telling me what I should be doing, I don't need another voice in my head making demands too. Besedes I dont get lost very often. :eyemouth:

tonksy

We just had to download a bunch of new updates to our GPS system...which speaks in the voice of Mr. T BTW.

chcr

Too cute for words
Hehe, aint that the truth?

Thats one reason I dont want a gps system. I travel some with my job and have considered getting one. Just cant' bring myself to do it though. Its bad enough when my car starts telling me what I should be doing, I don't need another voice in my head making demands too. Besedes I dont get lost very often. :eyemouth:

Ooh... I always listen to the voices (the voices, the voices). You don't have to do what they say.

We just had to download a bunch of new updates to our GPS system...which speaks in the voice of Mr. T BTW.

LOL!!!! "Turn left in 500 feet fool!" "I pity the fool who doesn't continue on for 1.9 miles!" Thanks, I'm amused now. :D

tonksy

Ooh... I always listen to the voices (the voices, the voices). You don't have to do what they say.

LOL!!!! "Turn left in 500 feet fool!" "I pity the fool who doesn't continue on for 1.9 miles!" Thanks, I'm amused now. :D

"Take the exit left and then take the motorway - MR. T DON'T GET NO TICKET!"

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Since I'm famously gadget-challenged, as witnessed by the difficulty I have simply uploading a damn picture, I don't see me doing the blackberry bluetooth strawberry fields stuff anytime soon. Besides, half the fun of livin in the mountains is gettin lost and makin it out alive! [/Ned Beatty]

I fought the cell phone thing as long as I could, and still hate the damn thing. They's times a man just don't want to be accessible. If the fish are bitin, don't bother me. I don't carry the thing when I'm outside workin in the yard or the garden anyway, so you ain't gonna get me unless I fell like being got. I ain't important enough to require anybody to reach me on a moment's notice anyway.

Luddite? Purty much. Makes things a lot simpler though.

chcr

Too cute for words
Since I'm famously gadget-challenged, as witnessed by the difficulty I have simply uploading a damn picture, I don't see me doing the blackberry bluetooth strawberry fields stuff anytime soon. Besides, half the fun of livin in the mountains is gettin lost and makin it out alive! [/Ned Beatty]

I fought the cell phone thing as long as I could, and still hate the damn thing. They's times a man just don't want to be accessible. If the fish are bitin, don't bother me. I don't carry the thing when I'm outside workin in the yard or the garden anyway, so you ain't gonna get me unless I fell like being got. I ain't important enough to require anybody to reach me on a moment's notice anyway.

Luddite? Purty much. Makes things a lot simpler though.
It's called a switch. They all have one, honest. ;) 'Sides, don't you ignore the telephone in the house when you're throwing the bone? I figure if they want me bad enough they'll leave a message or call back.

tonksy

Exactly...and with different ringtones for different folks you know who it is and whether or not you want to get up and answer the phone as soon as it rings.
We no longer have a home line for this reason.