Revolutions (Some Spoilers)

unclehobart

It left me with more questions than answers. To me it would have been less confusing if the movie would have just dropped off in the middle of the big battle, went to a black screen, and then started playing Jim Croche tunes for the last 30 minutes.

To me it was a sterile acted offering that was crammed with awesome special effects... akin to Star Wars episode 2.

greenfreak

Gonz said:
I still haven't seen Revolutions but Morpheus was the agent (prophet) that brought Neo together with the Matrix. I have no idea what his role is in teh final installment but he was a central & important character from that standpoint.

When (if) you see it, you'll know what I mean. He really had no lines, no scenes, nothing in the third movie. At most he was a copilot and a bad one at that. They didn't make him central to the storyline which is ok if he's not meant to be but it felt like none of the original characters were central.

They shouldn't have even acknowledged that the Oracle didn't look the same, I think that would have been better than those lines about looking in the mirror and not recognizing herself. That was lame.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
What the washowski brothers tried to do with their trilogy was to represent something similar to the christian religion:
- Neo (Jesus) comes to the real world and save the humanity with his death.

Pathetic...

freako104

Re: Revolutions

BeardofPants said:
This movie sucked. I wanted my questions answered, dammit, and they frellin' weren't!! So wtf?
********SPOILERS******
*Neo's some kind of God or something? Revered by both humans AND machines?? And that's why he has all these 'superpowers'? Can you say, "CHEESEY"? :rolleyes: It could have been a much more complex story if you found out that reality was actually still part of the matrix...

Speaking of which: they didn't answer whether zion was in the matrix or not (assuming not), or where the machines came from, or how they took over, or anything! Ggrrrrr. And what's with the useless scene with the french guy?? And how did Trinity escape from there without being shot to pieces? And why didn't they focus more on the in-between place between the matrix and reality (they could have had a really cool twist there, implying that reality was still part of the matrix (the inbetween place being a connecting cable of sorts, but no.... had to go for cheese live happily ever after story)). Hmph. AND they could have made Agent Smith the accidental hero (being the one unpredictable part of the whole thing), but no, he had to stay the boring old baddie, and lucifer incarnate, apparently. And what's up with the little indian girl? So she's suddenly found her purpose, huh? Painting skies?? WHY???? Stupid wachowski brothers. :mad: [/B]
[/QUOTE]

some of that is answered in the animatrix. it says where the machines came from and why they rebelled.

rrfield

The first one sucked, it was boring, had a sh*tty plot line that was derivative and had been explored 100 times over and it stared Keanu Reeves (motto: "woah").

rrfield

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The sci-fi Matrix saga lost some of its spin at the U.S. box office, with "The Matrix Revolutions" pulling in $50.16 million in its opening weekend - off 45 percent from the previous chapter's weekend debut.

"Revolutions," pummeled by critics as harshly as "The Matrix Reloaded" was last May, has grossed $85.5 million domestically since debuting Wednesday, according to studio estimates Sunday. While the numbers are high, they are still down from "Reloaded," which had a $91.8 million weekend debut and took in $134.2 million over its first four days.

Distributor Warner Bros. preferred to focus on the worldwide results for "Revolutions." Warner opened the movie simultaneously in a record 109 countries, where it racked up a worldwide total of $204.1 million in five days, beating the previous global high of about $200 million for "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers."

IDLEchild

I really have no other way of saying this but watch the movie the second time and it will hit you at how perfect the ending is. It absolutely makes sense but on a bigger level. Try not to care about the fate of the characters but try to understand the ending on a bigger level. I can't say trust me but if you try it does makes very much sense.

I panned the movie for its ending but i take back what i said.....the ending is crystal clear once the movie is seen again and the key scenes are heard closely and watched with attention for minute details.

Luis G

Staff member
In the animatrix we see how the machines blow up a bunch of diplomatics because the want "our flesh", and now those same machines keep the deal they made with Neo??, give me a break.

IDLEchild

Luis G said:
In the animatrix we see how the machines blow up a bunch of diplomatics because the want "our flesh", and now those same machines keep the deal they made with Neo??, give me a break.

You clearly didn't see the animatrix carefully then. I have no idea where you are coming from with that.

BeardofPants

Buttcrackdivine said:
I panned the movie for its ending but i take back what i said.....the ending is crystal clear once the movie is seen again and the key scenes are heard closely and watched with attention for minute details.

You mean there's something else *other* than the fact that Neo 'saved' the matrix, because he realised that there was LOVE (Sati)? Because, the fact of the matter is, that neo could have used Smith to wipe out the machines...

Jon

Saw the film last night. Was what I expected really; didn't bore me to tears but wasn't inspiring... apart from Monica Bellucci... :love:

Nitro_RaiDen

i thought the movie was excellent, it was a bit off from what you see in the first and second more centered on zion and less on the matrix but that what it's suppose to be over all they were all awsome movies the effects got better from one right to the next and i for one understood exactly what was goin on and i guess it boils down to if you dont understand you likely aren't gonna like it, try watching it again to make better sence of things....

and for you haters who haven't even seen it...give it up

greenfreak

I dont dislike it because I didn't understand it. It was pretty predictable to begin with. I just didn't like it for the reasons I said. I don't think seeing it again is going to change my dissapointment in it.

Luis G

Staff member
Buttcrackdivine said:
You clearly didn't see the animatrix carefully then. I have no idea where you are coming from with that.

I'm not the one that didn't see it carefully. Watch it again ;)

Something along the lines of: Your flesh (or bodies) are precious to us, we demand them *explosion*

IDLEchild

No.....you watch it again. They only attacked humans because humans, in all their amazing stupidity, decided to block out the sun so they won't have fuel. The machine world sends delegates to propose a peace plan to live with humans in peace and coexist without war or negative feelings with harmony but humans, in all their amazing stupidity, again, attack the delegates and turn the plan down. The machines eventually realize that human arrogance will be their downfall so they decide to eliminate the feeble species.

The machines never started this Luis.....watch the two parts again.

pc_builder

BeardofPants said:
It could have been a much more complex story if you found out that reality was actually still part of the matrix...

After seeing the second one, that's what my brother and I speculated on. We surmised that the third movie would reveal that the "real world" was just another level of the matrix, and nobody had ever escaped the matrix. We thought that Zion was part of the matrix where the people who couldn't handle the inner level would go, so that they could "feel" like they were free, and thus keeping them satisfied and keeping the rest of the matrix stable. Otherwise, how could Neo affect Sentinels with his thoughts unless it was all still a part of the matrix, where Neo has all these "superpowers"?

But who knows. The ending left me with questions I didn't want to be left with. It left me wanting another movie or another animatrix episode to clear up those last questions.

Although, what if it all is still a part of the matrix so another movie could be written in the future?

BeardofPants

pc_builder said:
Although, what if it all is still a part of the matrix so another movie could be written in the future?

That's where I bring my flame thrower. :mad: I'm so pissed that they didn't resolve that issue properly!! Gnrrrr.

But yeah, that was the general direction I was speculating in - that Zion was still part of the matrix, and that in the third movie, they'd find out who was really behind it all... *sigh*