RIP Common Sense

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Unfreakinbelievable

A child is killed at a day care when a riding mower backs over him. Who's to blame?

The daycare owner, who was inside at the time?

The mower operator?

The parent?

Of course not.

It's the manufacturer of the riding mower.

Yea right, being an alchohalic maybe I should sue anheiser-bush and jim beam for what ails me... NOT....

I see an appeal in the future...

interesting considering the recent ruling that limited the liability exposure of firearm manufacturers.

i guess the "mower lobby" isn't such a big presence in washington....

chcr said:
As I keep saying, there is no such thing as common sense. If it were common, wouldn't there be a hell of a lot more of it?
THANK YOU!! Anyway, what makes perfect sense to one person, might be complete nonsense to another... particularly someone not from a western perspective, eh? [/anthropologist]

BeardofPants said:
THANK YOU!! Anyway, what makes perfect sense to one person, might be complete nonsense to another... particularly someone not from a western perspective, eh? [/anthropologist]

are you an anthropologist?

2minkey said:
:rofl: "Lawnmowers don't kill people..."

BeardofPants said:
But, but, but... everybody either has a western perspective or wants to have one. Don't they? Well, don't they????? :eek5:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Unfreakinbelievable

A child is killed at a day care when a riding mower backs over him. Who's to blame?

The daycare owner, who was inside at the time?

The mower operator?

The parent?

Of course not.

It's the manufacturer of the riding mower.

IMO the idiot in the lawnmower. The owner does though bear some responsibility for he was to insure the safety of the child. But then again I tend to actually try to think. Damn shame common sense is not common. And not always sensical

2minkey said:
interesting considering the recent ruling that limited the liability exposure of firearm manufacturers.

Rulings won't stop new attempts to brandish guns as hate weapons.

2minkey said:
huh?

no comprendo.

The courts rule on the laws made by law makers.

The lawmakers are elected by the "citizens".

Laws are made to "protect" the citizens.

Gonz said:
Rulings won't stop new attempts to brandish guns as hate weapons.

Guns are seen as evil because the citizen will not take responsibility for any actions. That is why gun makers are sued instead of irisponsiblle people are not held well, resposible...

clearly the damn dumb brat was to blame
he sure as hell ended up paying the price
din he

junior, don't go runing under lawn mowers M'Kay

this lawsuit is as dumb as suing a fastfood resturant cause you are fat....oh nevermind.

I don't get how a jury can award a judgement against the lawnmower company for not having a saftly feature that does not exist anywhere, ok, if if had it, and it failed MAYBE.

Not only does the proposed safety device not exist, it has not even been tested. No such device exists industry wide. Clearly this manufacturer should pay the price, despite the fact that the owner of the daycare was inside the house with one child while three more ran free outside, and that her husband got off a mower with a yard full of kids, left it running, and failed to stop the blades.

SouthernN'Proud said:
that her husband got off a mower with a yard full of kids, left it running, and failed to stop the blades.

I musta missed where he was off the mower, it reads that the mower rolled back ,to me sounds like the idiot was still on the mower at the time.

highwayman said:
The courts rule on the laws made by law makers.

The lawmakers are elected by the "citizens".

Laws are made to "protect" the citizens.

Guns are seen as evil because the citizen will not take responsibility for any actions. That is why gun makers are sued instead of irisponsiblle people are not held well, resposible...

hmmm. okay. i get that. maybe just in the way it was phrased - when i think of 'brandish' i think of the person with the gun so "the law won't stop guns from being brandished as hate weapons" kinda ended up sounding like "laws won't stop the ku klux klam from shooting fuckers."

in bed.

Back