RIP Common Sense

2minkey said:
hmmm. okay. i get that. maybe just in the way it was phrased - when i think of 'brandish' i think of the person with the gun so "the law won't stop guns from being brandished as hate weapons" kinda ended up sounding like "laws won't stop the ku klux klam from shooting fuckers."

in bed.

Ok, kinda thought you were not making a conection..He was a bit vague...

Why the hell would you even mow the lawn while small children are playing in it? Mow the lawn when the kids are inside and out of the way.

Dave said:
my mower shuts down as soon as i stand up.
I disconnected that. I thought all mowers came that way. Mine is 15 years old and it had one.
Altron said:
Why the hell would you even mow the lawn while small children are playing in it? Mow the lawn when the kids are inside and out of the way.
I don't have little kids but if the granddaughter is over and playing outside, I won't be cutting the grass.

chcr said:
I disconnected that. I thought all mowers came that way. Mine is 15 years old and it had one.

I don't have little kids but if the granddaughter is over and playing outside, I won't be cutting the grass.

how do you do that?

i wont even mow the lawn with the dog in the yard, let alone small kids.

Dave said:
how do you do that?

i wont even mow the lawn with the dog in the yard, let alone small kids.
1. There are two possible kinds of switch, contact connect or contact disconnect. Contact connect is far and away more prevalent. When you're sitting on the seat, your weight presses on the switch and completes an ignition circuit. You simply connect the wires together. If that doesn't work it's a contact disconnect. Disconnect both wires and wrap the ends so they don't short out.

2. My dogs don't like the lawn mower. If I'm mowing, they'll be in another part of the yard.

good to know. thanks. maybe i'll try that when the warranty is up.

she was playing ball with the dog last time i mowed. he didnt budge, i could have run right over him. when he's waiting for the ball to be thrown, nothing distracts his concentration on the ball.

A.B.Normal said:
I musta missed where he was off the mower, it reads that the mower rolled back ,to me sounds like the idiot was still on the mower at the time.

I heard it over the radio that the guy had got off the mower to move something and it rolled back over the kid. :shrug:

Either way, it ain't the manufacturer's fault.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I heard it over the radio that the guy had got off the mower to move something and it rolled back over the kid. :shrug:

Either way, it ain't the manufacturer's fault.

Yeah, but the manufacturer has the money for them to be absolved of all personal responsibility and live comfortably on the money they win, conviently ignoring the child that died for their cash through their own stupidity.

2minkey said:
huh?

no comprendo.

I like highwaymans description...it's more poetic.

I meant that you can have all the favorable court rulings &/or a kick ass lobbyists you want, it doesn't make a difference, some twit will come along & blame you anyhow.

Back