road kill & hamburgers

kuulani

as i was smooshing raw hamburger into patties for dinner last night i got to thinking ... why doesn't this gross me out? here i am, with my hands covered in cold, dead animal meat. and if i can do that, why does the sight of roadkill on the road gross me out. i mean, if i can shape raw meat into burgers, why do i gag at the dead chicken corpse that the dog drags into the yard & swerve when i see roadkill?

thought i'd share :D

I swerve too. But then, I swerve before it becomes roadkill. Lotta skunks hereabouts. Lotta skunks.

Tennessee passed a law a few years ago making it legal to eat roadkill.

Just in case anyone is interested or anything...

Dinner at my place anyone? :lol2:

The diff between ground beef and road kill is that ground beef is cleaned, processed and placed on perfectly white styrofoam containers and sold under blindingly bright lights...

Dead animals have fur, feathers, bits of dirt, clods or clay, crushed bones etc...ground into them ... makes for a more 'rustic' lunch, but slightly less appealing, eh

Professur said:
I swerve too. But then, I swerve before it becomes roadkill. Lotta skunks hereabouts. Lotta skunks.

Spring may be early. Saw my first dead one today.

kuulani said:
as i was smooshing raw hamburger into patties for dinner last night i got to thinking ... why doesn't this gross me out? here i am, with my hands covered in cold, dead animal meat. and if i can do that, why does the sight of roadkill on the road gross me out. i mean, if i can shape raw meat into burgers, why do i gag at the dead chicken corpse that the dog drags into the yard & swerve when i see roadkill?

thought i'd share :D

I feel bad for the poor animal, especially if i happen to see it dying. I feel bad as well for cows, pigs, chikens and every animal we eat that is killed in a non proper way.

MrBishop said:
Dead animals have fur, feathers, bits of dirt, clods or clay, crushed bones etc...ground into them ... makes for a more 'rustic' lunch, but slightly less appealing, eh

Don't forget the occassional maggot crawling around in there.

The Quad Bypass Special Woo Woo

08-27tn-woodworking_plan_reading-railroad-train_model.jpg

Back