Save the world, stop global warming. Simply cut down the trees.

Having grown up in the middle of the woods, with a garden, and also farming on my grandmother's 76 acres, I picked up a thing or two about leaves along the way.

I don't suppose you'd be familiar with the term "compost" would you? You oughta be, yer full of it...but I digress. I guess you'd adopt the "leaves are bad, m'kay" stance because, let's face it...every consumer who uses these leaves for compost, or who does what I do and till them directly back into the garden spot to enrich the soil, is one more person who ain't standing in a 2/3 mile line at WalMart to BUY "potting soil" from your smiling countenance. I don't reckon you'd have the first clue what's actually IN them bags of dirt y'all sell the stupid suburbanites...at $4.97 a pop. Lemme give you a hint, Elmo...it's dirt, with DECAYED LEAVES.

So the next time you feel the need to display your monumental ignorance in the name of indignation, may I suggest

:stfu:

Or at least, save it for the single-digit IQ denizens who populate your place of employment. On both sides of the blue vest.

Since you chose denigration instead of an answer let me tell you what happens to all of that CO2 those leaves have absorbed. It is released back into the atmosphere, a natural cycle that is also part of photosynthesis.

The waste product of plants during the night is NOT O2; it is CO2.

Just like when we exhale, huh? Guess we better quit breathing too then.

Oh, Al Gore called for you. He said you can reach him at 1-800-GREEN-BS.

Just like when we exhale, huh? Guess we better quit breathing too then.

Oh, Al Gore called for you. He said you can reach him at 1-800-GREEN-BS.

We exhale CO2 24/7/365. Plants exhale O2 ~12/7/365 and CO2 ~12/7/365. There IS a difference, you know.

We exhale CO2 24/7/365. Plants exhale O2 ~12/7/365 and CO2 ~12/7/365. There IS a difference, you know.

Yeah. That difference is, they benefit us. But you wanna cut them down for some reason.

*pauses*

*asks self, "Self, why are you trying to argue anything with a professional cashier?"*

*leaves*

Leaves, as in exits...NOT as in what falls off trees and scares jim...

Trees and plants not only produce more CO2 than man they also produce vast amounts of water vapor, the primary greenhouse gas which makes up 95% of all greenhouse gases.

You know something? You're right. I can't believe this ol' world has managed to somehow not only survivie but actually sustain an ever increasing population with all these evil trees around emitting greenhouse gases. The horror. I mean, who in their right mind would want to be anywhere near a tree, what with all the harm they do the environment? I've been such a fool. Please forgive me.

[/gag reflex]

You know something? You're right. I can't believe this ol' world has managed to somehow not only survivie but actually sustain an ever increasing population with all these evil trees around emitting greenhouse gases. The horror. I mean, who in their right mind would want to be anywhere near a tree, what with all the harm they do the environment? I've been such a fool. Please forgive me.

[/gag reflex]

Since you obviously missed it I shall repost it

The fact is that you, nor anyone else, has a cure for GW and AGW is a myth. Yes, humans do have an impact on the Earth but not as bad as is being hoisted and the Earth can sustain itself just fine -- with us or without us.

What of the nutcases who make statements such as <paraphrase>(")The Earth is in peril as long as even one human remains alive on it.(")</paraphrase>?

Trees are one of the major driving forces behind GW; and I don't actually believe we need to cut them all down. We should also not be prevented from cutting them down for useful purposes.

There are more trees in America now than there were in 1620 when the Pilgrims landed. The trees that are being harvested for wood and other uses now are the trees that companies like Georgia-Pacific and Weyerhauser planted when I was a kid after they "clear cut" the forest in the fifties. That very slow growing renewable crop is now being harvested once again. No one gives G-P or Weyerhauser any credit for this though.

I could direct you to a couple of videos which explain much about why GW is more prevalent in the Northern hemisphere than in the tropics and how we are more likely to be headed towards global cooling than continued GW and we could have a meaningful dialogue on that; but I don't think you would be interested. I could be wrong, though, and I am sure you will let me know if you wish to pursue this.

Oh, I got a cure for GW all right. It's time tested, proven to work, and as far as I'm concerned it's indisputable. It's a little theory called God is in control. It's gonna take more than a googled video to convince me that man will be allowed to destroy that which was created for him. Be it global warming, nuclear war, too much Aqua Net in the ozone, cow farts, or anything else some nutcase wants to run for office and make movies on.

What of the nutcases who make statements such as <paraphrase>(")The Earth is in peril as long as even one human remains alive on it.(")</paraphrase>?

Simple. We'll start the elimination process with that person. Congratulations, your martyrdom will be the stuff of legends...amid the snow owls.

I have nothing against harvesting trees for useful purposes. Manufacturing, heat, whatever. Just plant a few more than you cut and we're good to go. It's a renewable resource, so renew it and go in peace.

Go into a public restroom & read the tag on the electric air dryer.

There is something about how this coal/gas/atomic generated electricity powered dryer is better for then environment than paper towels.

"The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement"

nutcases? well yeah, a little, but not violent (Greenpeace is more violent.) they believe in VOLUNTARY not breeding, they do not want to force other not to breed.

I guess I am a member by proxy, lol

"The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement"

nutcases? well yeah, a little, but not violent (Greenpeace is more violent.) they believe in VOLUNTARY not breeding, they do not want to force other not to breed.

I guess I am a member by proxy, lol

I haven't been able to breed since I had my balls disconnected in 1972.

Back