School accuses 5-year-old of sex harassment

highwayman

Another story about a kid and sexual harrasment...
It's nothing more then PC gone wild...What to do? Tell them to fuck off...

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=154557&format=print
HAGERSTOWN - A kindergarten student was accused earlier this month of sexually harassing a classmate at Lincolnshire Elementary School, an accusation that will remain on his record until he moves to middle school.

Washington County Public Schools spokeswoman Carol Mowen said the definition of sexual harassment used by the school system is, "unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and/or other inappropriate verbal, written or physical conduct of a sexual nature directed toward others."

Mowen said that definition comes from the Maryland State Department of Education.

According to a school document provided by the boy's father, the 5-year-old pinched a girl's buttocks on Dec. 8 in a hallway at the school south of Hagerstown.

Charles Vallance, the boy's father, said he was unable to.

HAGERSTOWN - A kindergarten student was accused earlier this month of sexually harassing a classmate at Lincolnshire Elementary School, an accusation that will remain on his record until he moves to middle school.

Washington County Public Schools spokeswoman Carol Mowen said the definition of sexual harassment used by the school system is, "unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and/or other inappropriate verbal, written or physical conduct of a sexual nature directed toward others."

Mowen said that definition comes from the Maryland State Department of Education.

According to a school document provided by the boy's father, the 5-year-old pinched a girl's buttocks on Dec. 8 in a hallway at the school south of Hagerstown.

Charles Vallance, the boy's father, said he was unable to explain to his son what he had done.

"He knows nothing about sex," Vallance said. "There's no way to explain what he's been written up for. He knows it as playing around. He doesn't know it as anything sexual at all."

The incident was described as "sexual harassment" on the school form.

School officials consider a student's age and the specific action when determining what administrative action to take, Mowen said.

Lincolnshire Principal Darlene Teach and Mowen said they were unable to discuss he incident involving the Lincolnshire student.

Teach said any student, regardless of grade level, can be cited for sexual harassment.

"Anytime a student touches another student inappropriately, it could be sexual harassment," Teach said.

School administrators at a Texas school in November suspended a 4-year-old student for inappropriately touching a teacher's aide after the prekindergarten student hugged the woman.

"It's important to understand a child may not realize that what he or she is doing may be considered sexual harassment, but if it fits under the definition, then it is, under the state's guidelines," Mowen said. "If someone has been told this person does not want this type of touching, it doesn't matter if it's at work or at school, that's sexual harassment."

The incident will be included in the boy's file while he remains at Lincolnshire, but Mowen said those files do not follow students when they move on to middle school.

She described the incident as a "learning opportunity."

During the 2005-06 school year, 28 kindergarten students in Maryland were suspended for sex offenses, including sexual assault, sexual harassment and sexual activity, according to state data. Fifteen of those suspensions were for sexual harassment.

During the 2005-06 school year, one Washington County prekindergarten student was suspended from school, and 12 of the county's kindergartners were suspended for various offenses, according to state data.

Playing Doctor is against the law, little Johnny. Just 'cause Pappa pinches Mamma's butt every day doesn't make it the right way to say "Howdy"

I heard a story the other day about a (pre?)-kindergaten kid who was suspended for sexual advances on his teahers aide. SHE complained that he put his head on/between her breasteseses. She would not drop her complaint when it wsa pointed out to her that not 3 years ago, he had free titty acess for food. She thinks he's a perv.

She needs to be slapped & then fired & forbidden to hold this job.

Gee, a boy brushed up agains my boobs at work today. I thought nothing of it then, but now..
I FEEL SO VIOLATED! I NEED COMPENSATION!

Playing Doctor is against the law, little Johnny. Just 'cause Pappa pinches Mamma's butt every day doesn't make it the right way to say "Howdy"

Oh grow up already. We are talking about a 5 year old child. If this is truly how you feel about this, I hope yours gets sent home for some lame shit like this, then we can hear the other side of the argument. These "educators and administrators" need to get out of a textbook and learn what a kid is. If this had been an older kid, I'd see the argument. But this one's 5.

Teachers fashion themselves as experts, far more capable of raising our kids than we are. Well Toots, here was your
"learning opportunity."
and you blew it. Take the kid aside, tell him that this is not acceptable behavior WITHOUT going into a Sex Ed lecture, send a sealed note home to the parents, and move on.

I find it appalling that not only would a teacher react like this but that grown men and women would endorse it. *cue You-Know-Who*

doesnt suprise me. in the past few months we have gotten about 5 or 6 kids ages between 5-8 for psychological evals because they threw a fit in class. had a 5 year old in one time because some nitwit thought the kid was suicidal.

BISH: Playing Doctor is against the law, little Johnny. Just 'cause Pappa pinches Mamma's butt every day doesn't make it the right way to say "Howdy"

Oh grow up already. We are talking about a 5 year old child. If this is truly how you feel about this, I hope yours gets sent home for some lame shit like this, then we can hear the other side of the argument. These "educators and administrators" need to get out of a textbook and learn what a kid is. If this had been an older kid, I'd see the argument. But this one's 5.

Teachers fashion themselves as experts, far more capable of raising our kids than we are. Well Toots, here was your and you blew it. Take the kid aside, tell him that this is not acceptable behavior WITHOUT going into a Sex Ed lecture, send a sealed note home to the parents, and move on.

I find it appalling that not only would a teacher react like this but that grown men and women would endorse it. *cue You-Know-Who*

call me an australian Dingbat ... but wasn't that what bish was kinda implying? :tomato: (that's how i read it anyhows)

call me an australian Dingbat ... but wasn't that what bish was kinda implying? :tomato: (that's how i read it anyhows)

Well, it seems you recognize obvious sarcasm. Is it only Australians that can do that?

Teachers fashion themselves as experts, far more capable of raising our kids than we are. Well Toots, here was your and you blew it. Take the kid aside, tell him that this is not acceptable behavior WITHOUT going into a Sex Ed lecture, send a sealed note home to the parents, and move on.

Remind me to put Note: sarcasm as a hot-button sometime.

The only sexuality in all this is the one that the teacher in question put there. Without the prof reading into it, it wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Oh...and as an aside, I do have to deal with something similar. My kid popped a teacher at school 'the bird'. ...cept fo him, it wasn't 'the bird'...it was a game gun (instead of using the thumb and index finger to make the "L" of a gun, he used the middle finger) that was cooler than the regular gun. I first had to explain to her that she's been reading too much into it and to chill...and THEN tell my son to put his 'special gun' away.

Ohmigawd, he's imitating weapons? Pointing 'em to his teacher? Fer fucks sake, call the cops before he shoots someone fer real!!

you joke - but i have to tell you ... it is my solemn duty to report that Mr Bishop and his son may not be around for a while. :D

It is not my place to report any further - you must make your own judgements as to the moral or legal issues of this statement. ;)

Is it not the duty of a society to protect it's citizens?

As i shall not be around - if we have not heard from de bish by the day after boxing day ... i formally request an OTC reqiuem... and a forthright and vigorous investigation into the insidiously increasing mafiosi-style gun-toting law-shakin' Nanny Nazism that Julie Andrews would pull her hair out (and probably make a song and dance about) that is so prevalent increasingly in these days of mindless stupidity.

Where does this mindless stupidity come from? A disrespect for self-will, self-justice and the rights of the everyday man or woman.

Divide and conquer?

well, heh - it's the only possible way they can take freedoms away so willy nilly, so easily and so cheaply.... and both angles are worked equally, it's almost a piece of art.

Frankly i don't give a damn what you think politically (in the main) you judge as ever you did, on the person, and their character and there honesty etc - but i do beleive in freedom - and the small freedoms as much if not a hell of a lot more in a way than the bigger pictures / freedoms.

it's like the saying: look after the pennies and the pounds will look after them selves.

We could but wish!

But we can also fight.

So called facts are fraud
They want us to allege and pledge
And bow down to their God
Lost the culture, the culture lost
Spun our minds and through time
Ignorance has taken over
Yo, we gotta take the power back!
Bam! Here's the plan
Motherfuck Uncle Sam
Step back, I know who I am