Self serve

When filling up, do you have to pay before or after?

• Before you fill up

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • After you fill up

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Doesn't matter / I go with full serve

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Eh?

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Odd. So here in Ontario, you stop the car, fill up, and then go inside and pay. Or, you can pay with a credit card at the pump before you fill up. But I'm talking cash here. I noticed some places require you to go inside and then pay first... Weird.

I've got a gas station down the road that does full serve for 1 penny cheaper than everyone else does self. I haven't unscrewed my gas cap for a few weeks now. Most will let you pay after around here though, now in Kansas City and St. Louis, you pay first, to the person in the bulletproof box.

In sherbrooke, I had to deal with a corner store that had a bullet proof booth for late shopping. You enter the booth, one at a time, and tell the clerk what you want. He then goes and gets it, and then takes your money through a flip-flop slot affair. Then he passes you your stuff through a mailbox-type drawer.

Very spooky.

That's the way alot of gas stations are going in the cities down here.

my family uses credit cards only so we pay before but if you pay cash i think you pay after around here

Here, it's always "cash customers pay first." You go in and give them money. If your tank is full before the money's gone, you go back and get your change. You get fewer drive-offs that way.

most night opening petrol stations here use the drawer type thing. makes for most inconvenient drunken 3am purchases, charcoal and garden furniture are a bugger to get through the slot ;)

oh, i thought it said SOFT serve. my bad.
i love that stuff even tho i know its not really ice cream or frozen yogurt. it's really tasty and inexpensive!!!

Comes out of my dad's pay at the end of every month, so we don't pay directly at all. If it's at POS then afterwards, always.

BTW, I don't think I'd be wrong in assuming almost all, if not all UK stations let you pay afterwards.

MuFu.

I never get down of my car to fill the tank, that's what the employes of the gas station are for.

And i always pay afterwards.

Jeslek said:
Full serve is more expensive than self serve... I prefer to do it myself. :)

It's free here (filling tank).

However if he also (only if you ask him to) checks oil or clean your windscreen it's good, or check tires pressure, it is almost protocolary to give him a tip.

The gas price is the same everywhere (pemex remember). So it gives the same to use the service or not :D

Back