Seriously disturbing

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
So, the wife and I are laying in bed Saturday afternoon, being particularly lazy, when Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory comes on. Now, neither of us had ever seen the movie in it's entirety before, so we decided to watch it. That is one fucked up movie. And it's supposed to be for kids. :eh:

hmm... maybe that's why i'm so messed up!!

lol..

i always loved that movie, but then again, i've got an odd sense of humor for things like that.

:lol:

Next saturday, re-read some failry tales.

Kids used to be smarter (or far more dense)

gonz! are you speaking of Grimm's tales?
i fuckin love grimms tales.
hans christian andersen, too! THE LITTLE MERMAID TURNED INTO SEAFOAM!! OK?! OK.

it upsets me how disney sugarcoats so many of them :( i think that if they need to alter a story as much as they do, then a new story altogether should be written for their purposes. none of this "based on!" stuff, either.

ash r said:
gonz! are you speaking of Grimm's tales?
i fuckin love grimms tales.
hans christian andersen, too! THE LITTLE MERMAID TURNED INTO SEAFOAM!! OK?! OK.

it upsets me how disney sugarcoats so many of them :( i think that if they need to alter a story as much as they do, then a new story altogether should be written for their purposes. none of this "based on!" stuff, either.
i had that book...always remembered the sea foam bit myself...still makes me a little misty.

steve - by far one of gene wilders greatest roles.

Brilliant movie :)

I've tried many cocktail of various stimulants to recreate the feel of that film.....never quite succeeded :eh:

Some things are just too crazy for even my brain to handle :D

I tried to write a paper on the movie and it's use as a mirror to society's degradation leading from the boorishness of youth...but then I realized that no-one that hadn't seen the movie would ever believe me. That is one seriously fucked up flick.

I do like the part where the kid drops through a chute and the words "Rotten Egg" appears below them :)

apparently the veruca salt swelling up into a balloon-type thing was one of the forerunners of this "bloating fetish". people wear these suits and inflate themselves...i don't get it but it's out there...

MrBishop said:
I tried to write a paper on the movie and it's use as a mirror to society's degradation leading from the boorishness of youth...but then I realized that no-one that hadn't seen the movie would ever believe me. That is one seriously fucked up flick.

I do like the part where the kid drops through a chute and the words "Rotten Egg" appears below them :)

Not every mirror shows beauty. ;)

Inkara1 said:
Have you guys ever seen the episode of The Family Guy that parodies it?
I've got the DVD.

Don't forget the Simpsons brush with it as well as the Futurama epsiode that almost fully parodies it.

I too own it and saw it. a lot of movies like that are disturbing. Love it now but when I was little I was scared of it. Id cry when it was on all the time

yah, despite it's always been a favorite movie of mine, i used to be terrified of the boat ride part, especially when the chicken's head gets cut off, and there's a worm crawling across someone's face... eeeee

unclehobart said:
I've got the DVD.

Don't forget the Simpsons brush with it as well as the Futurama epsiode that almost fully parodies it.

Is that in season 1 or 2? Or is it in season 3? I've got season 3, Laurie has the 1 and 2 set.

Back