Sex Ed. INCREASES abstinance

Professur

Sex education is simply a good thing.

biologically speaking...

So I guess I have to ask why is this thread different from the pill thread that began yesterday?

That you actually can ask that question scares the fuck outta me.

BTW, I also taught my daughter to accurately fire a gun, and a bow. Oddly enough, she hasn't killed anyone yet.

Professur

Kids ought to be taught all the facts. That should include that abstinence is the best protection. I personally believe firmly in encouraging abstinence, and making a good case for it. Failing that though I want the kids to know all their options, so they make choices, while perhaps not optimal, at least better ones than they might make with no education.

I agree completely.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Sex education is simply a good thing.

biologically speaking...

So I guess I have to ask why is this thread different from the pill thread that began yesterday?

Because it is!!!

It is different cause it WANTS to be different, you are oppressing it`s differences, and that makes you rasist/sexist/bigoted/white guy

You have to put everything into your small little tunnel vision world ruled by guns and the oppression of slightly similar threads!!!!

I think I need to cut down on the sugar

insert typical liberal over-reaction comments below

ResearchMonkey

Kids ought to be taught all the facts. That should include that abstinence is the best protection. I personally believe firmly in encouraging abstinence, and making a good case for it. Failing that though I want the kids to know all their options, so they make choices, while perhaps not optimal, at least better ones than they might make with no education.

Their options?

OK, " a thin artificial memebrane can offer some protection for actual cellular contact reducing the odds of infection" and keeping the lil'fellers' wrangled.

as opposed to handing out condoms and bananas to practice....

I mean come one.... Its self explainitory, ...They don't teach you how to put on shoes and sox.

ResearchMonkey

Some parents don't teach it, what about the old adage, it takes a village to raise a child. You should teach you kids about sex, but if you don't it's either the school, or your kids friends.

Gee, are you saying some parents arent responsible, don't care, that a nanny government should be the catcha all?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Their options?

OK, " a thin artificial memebrane can offer some protection for actual cellular contact reducing the odds of infection" and keeping the lil'fellers' wrangled.

as opposed to handing out condoms and bananas to practice....

I mean come one.... Its self explainitory, ...They don't teach you how to put on shoes and sox.

you give a peace-keeping soldier a gun.

you HOPE it doesn't get used.

But you sure as hell train him in it's use.

Condoms break yes, mostly from improper use.

ResearchMonkey

Because it is!!!

It is different cause it WANTS to be different, you are oppressing it`s differences, and that makes you rasist/sexist/bigoted/white guy

You have to put everything into your small little tunnel vision world ruled by guns and the oppression of slightly similar threads!!!!

I think I need to cut down on the sugar

insert typical liberal over-reaction comments below

LOL, too funny

Ijust forsee the points up and comming being very much the same... for me that means; While the schools should be able to teach it reasonably, they go to far.... My kids, My responsiblity, MY job.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
LOL, too funny

Ijust forsee the points up and comming being very much the same... for me that means; While the schools should be able to teach it reasonably, they go to far.... My kids, My responsiblity, MY job.

That rocks for you, it's the 90% who aren't bothering to teach their kids.

My statistic is from the dept. of made up number

ResearchMonkey

you give a peace-keeping soldier a gun.

you HOPE it doesn't get used.

But you sure as hell train him in it's use.

Condoms break yes, mostly from improper use.

Yeah, my Adult child chose to join the Army and be willing to kill for peace.

But my 5th grade daughter goes to school to learn the basic learning skills to suppliment what she is taught at home. THEN held captive to learn about the free and secret abortions, free condoms and what sex-ed class would be complete without knowing she can't get pregnant with the loving act of sodomey.

Thats where I get a little upset about it.

chcr

Too cute for words
IF an educational system was capable of teaching the basic of plumbing, parts and pieces, functions, per basic functional design... the raw biology ....and keep the 'politcs' and 'message' and 'acceptance' and 'morals' out, I could see it being acceptable.
They are "capable" of it. Like anything else, every jackass with a special interest axe to grind has to stick their oar in. I had Sex Ed in high school (they called it "Health" and it was whined about almost as much as it is now) and that's exactly what they taught, the biology, the mechanics and the possible preventative measures. I already understood all that, but I grew up on a farm and had an extra-curricular "teacher."

ResearchMonkey

That rocks for you, it's the 90% who aren't bothering to teach their kids.

My statistic is from the dept. of made up number

So thats OK that 90% of parents don't care enough about their kids to make the effort to discuss a difficult subject?

Yup, seems some of the responsponsibilty of having children was not properly taught. ...is that the Gov't job too?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Thank you. I agree. A parent isn't there to be their best friend. Hell, kids don't need adult friends. They need role models. They need guides and guardians. The need to recognize that their parents were there, in the same position, long before.

And you know what goes a long way in promoting that? Parents showing respect to their own parents.

Post of the year nominee.

ResearchMonkey

If the parents fail at parenting why should the kids suffer for it?

Maybe if there was a social moral effort made to encourage the behaviors proven over 400 million years of development and other such teachings....

Oh there is, it just gets lambasted as being *insert spikes full volcabluary here*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So thats OK that 90% of parents don't care enough about their kids to make the effort to discuss a difficult subject?

Yup, seems some of the responsponsibilty of having children was not properly taught. ...is that the Gov't job too?

Yes and no, there are certain things you have to provide for your child, that is the goverments part, hopefully if we stop this generation from having unwanted children to too young mothers we can start to break the trend of irresonsibility.

ResearchMonkey

Thank you. I agree. A parent isn't there to be their best friend. Hell, kids don't need adult friends. They need role models. They need guides and guardians. The need to recognize that their parents were there, in the same position, long before.

And you know what goes a long way in promoting that? Parents showing respect to their own parents.

I missed that, good stuff.

Another example of a good notion that has developed over the last 2.5 million years.

...but don't tell me teaching your kid to 'shoot guns' didn't make YOU his best friend that day. ;)
icon14.gif

spike

Not that wouldn't be ok either.

If you don't teach sex ed or teach abstinence-only then you end up with more pregnant teens.

So the break down here is between what would be ideal (all teens remain abstinent) in some peoples minds and what actually works in reality.

ResearchMonkey

Yes and no, there are certain things you have to provide for your child, that is the goverments part, hopefully if we stop this generation from having unwanted children to too young mothers we can start to break the trend of irresonsibility.

We need to promote personal responsibility, at all levels first.

Gov't is simply too involved in making my decisions, promoting dependance rather than independance.

;)