Sex Ed. INCREASES abstinance

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
We need to promote personal responsibility, at all levels first.

Gov't is simply too involved in making my decisions, promoting dependance rather than independance.

;)

Teaching a kid about their choices isn't teaching independence? Teaching about the possible repercussions of independence isn't teaching personal responsability?

Professur

I missed that, good stuff.

Another example of a good notion that has developed over the last 2.5 million years.

...but don't tell me teaching your kid to shoot didn't make YOU his best friend that day. ;)
icon14.gif

Her, actually. And I never suggest that parents and kids shouldn't be able to have fun together. I'll always be a friend to my kids. But I'm a parent first. And if it comes down to having to be one or the other, we both know what side I'm coming down on.

and it was quite a bit more than one day.

ResearchMonkey

Not that wouldn't be ok either.

If you don't teach sex ed or teach abstinence-only then you end up with more pregnant teens.

So the break down here is between what would be ideal (all teens remain abstinent) in some peoples minds and what actually works in reality.

Read the thread...never mind, reality has nothing to do with your post anyway.

ResearchMonkey

Teaching a kid about their choices isn't teaching independence? Teaching about the possible repercussions of independence isn't teaching personal responsability?

If it were possible for that happen with out going over the line, when in doubt you use the most restrictive approach.

My dog knows how to fuck with out benifit of eduaction, what needs to be taught is how NOT to fuck.

Teaching potentially destructive behavior then teaching that those behaviors can be skirted in complete secrecey will only encourage the destructive behaviors.

... theres always the reply by the teacher that workd well. "you have to ask your parents for that answer"

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Teaching potentially destructive behavior then teaching that those behaviors can be skirted in complete secrecey will only encourage the destructive behaviors.

{insert gun law reference here}

Teaching the consiquences of each action is what is important, and for secrecy go look in the morning after pill thread, you got them mixed up.

ResearchMonkey

Heres an idea...

No more free abortions to little girls.

Parent now have to pay for it, and they get to watch the proceedure.

See if that reduces the pregnancy rate. After all it its all natural.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Just cause they can have sex, doesn't mean they should, but you must teach them the results of everypart of it, and no matter what you do, someone is gonna screw up.

to paraphrase:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Heres an idea...

No more free abortions to little girls.

Parent now have to pay for it, and they get to watch the proceedure.

See if that reduces the pregnancy rate. After all it its all natural.

fair enough

but free morning after pills, in case of breakage.

Professur

My dog knows how to fuck with out benifit of eduaction, what needs to be taught is how NOT to fuck.

Your dog knows how to fuck. What your dog doesn't know (or care) is that that's how little puppies get made. And even if it did, it wouldn't care. Dogs fuck for one reason. It feels good. But here's another sweet tidbit. A bitch doesn't walk off and leave her pups to go to the mall.

ResearchMonkey

{insert gun law reference here}

Teaching the consiquences of each action is what is important, and for secrecy go look in the morning after pill thread, you got them mixed up.

Not every one is born with a homone driven gun, thats an optional aspect of life.

You simply can't discuss public sex-ed w/o looking at what was intendend as a honest effort that has been overly preverted by those with less than honorable intentions. (even when their unaware of it)

What about taking all the options and teaching them, let teach all the benifits female circumsicion and breast enlargment. too much?

Professur

Go outside of the commonly oppressed domesticated dog, think wider animal behavioral...are you sure?

I have no idea what you're asking. sure about what? That it doesn't know it's gonna get knocked up? Pretty damn sure. There's a wide gap between driven by instinct and cognizant act.

markjs

Banned
Actually it just looked funny and I got this wild idea to look on youtube for "depends dance" and lo and behold it was there!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
you give a peace-keeping soldier a gun.

Oxymoron that developed out of the 1960's "Peace at any price" mentality. You don't give a soldier a weapon to 'keep peace'. You give a soldier a weapon to train for war.

p_v said:
you HOPE it doesn't get used.

But you sure as hell train him in it's use.

That I can agree with.

p_v said:
Condoms break yes, mostly from improper use.

Not always. I've had a few break...and they were used properly. That was before they made other sizes, though. No comments from the peanut gallery, please. :grumpy: