Shaving? :)

Man, i've been shaving since 13, and its annoying! damn my genetic heritage, 3 days on i look like a damn Taliban :D
Still looking for that perfect solution for a close shave, tried machines, no good, razors are ok but hell i hate the cuts! any really good Razors, solutions out there? :D

unclehobart

Wash your face with soapy hot hot hot water first. Let it soak in for 30 seconds or so to soften the skin and beard a tad. Use one of those new Mach 3 razors... they rock. You probably need to change the blade more often. Cheap razors snag, dull blades snag, not rinsing the blade often enough causes snags. Don't go over the same spot twice in a row without adding a little extra shave cream. Sometimes you just need to go over your entire face roughly to get it 80% clean followed by a few dabs of cream over the problem spots that need extra attention.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
what unc said, or, stick your face in a flame for about a minute, get 3rd degree burns & you'll never have to shave again *ouch* :D

Huge

Yeah I dig the Mach 3 blades as well and also use Edge shave foam. I never get nicks unless I use some cheapo shave foam. :headbang:

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I've found that lightly shaving over the same areas multiple times, in different directions, is more effective for me than trying to get one or two good clean passes.

I get a smoother shave with less nicks that way. Oh, and I never shave unless I'm fixing to get into the shower... it takes care of any nicks for you.

ris

to keep the quality of the skin good do what unc said and then after the shave rinse your face with cold water to close the pores and add moisture to the skin, along with cooling it. then use a good, light, moisturiser to keep the skin smooth and cool it further.

going against the 'grain' of the hair folicle gives a closer shave but nicks can occur more easily and the skin can get irritated.

this rich from someone too lazy to shave even every other day :p

ok, will try your suggestions :D wow warhorse wanna trade genes? :D sometimes i gotta shave twice a day if any formal occasions are in the evenin :mad2:
i use Wilksinson Swords, heard of em? and a Gilette Gel thingy, i'll try the Mach III Blades tonight :D

nodnod

I always use edge shaving gel and a Schick FX Performer razor if I need a good shave. I usually use the ol'lectric shaver.

ris

the mach 3's are great jr, the best razor i've used by a long way. i used to like the wilki fx performers and the mach is definitely better.

i had an electric razor for a bit, a phillishave, but my skin got really hot and sore with it. much prefer wet shaves.

kuulani

Originally posted by *Q*
Originally posted by Mephisto
I suggest taking estrogen pills, that doesn't hurt! ;)
I have plenty of estrogen...never got me out of any shaving :(

Me too :( But like warhorse said, those asian genes sure keep the hair to a minimal *phew*