Shock of your life

Ok, #1, do NOT tell me Canadians are wring. Neither Canadians or Americans are wrong in their spelling. it is oinly wrong when you use the spelling of one country while being educated in the other

#2 - Why the FUCK were you writing essays for physics?

I think maybe you wrote an english exam and that si why you got 12....

nope - L. :rolleyes: I think I'm quite sure which subject I'm taking.

Why essay questions? Because it is astrophysics. A sample question would be: Derive the formula to calculate the average surface temperature for a planet at X AUs from the sun. Include variables for eccentricity of orbit, for the deviation of the shape of a planet from the standard sphere, and the amount of IR absoring gases in the atmosphere. Use your formula to calculate the average surface temperature for Jupiter and Mercury. What other factors influence the average surface temperature of a planet? Which planet is an exception to this rule? Give reasons for your answers.

That is not an essay

That is a PROBLEM which you must find a SOLUTION for

Should a fucking immigrant explain the English language too?

Main Entry: essay question
Function: noun
Date: 1947
: an examination question that requires an answer in a sentence, paragraph, or short composition

ummmmmm except deriving an equation and solving a formula ISN'T sentences

it is a combination of short answer questions and problems...by no means an essay

*high fives Prof*

I went to 4 Physics classes all semester and I got 10% higher in my course than he got in his :D

Actually it has been confirmed an error. Or at least there is something wrong, because they can't find my paper so I can review it, which means at the end if the week they have to dismiss the exam mark if they can't present it to me.

Luis G said:
geez man, i know the feeling, i bet you know it all but sometimes a small mistake can fuck up a test. I was in a similar situation long ago, the consisted of two problems, first one i got it right, the 2nd one i got it all wrong just because i typed 1.16 instead of 1.6 in my calculator.
A teacher once proposed aporving without tests who could do an algorythm that would calculate the first 10 perfect numbers in a method other than try and error. I found a method but when I was trying to check its validity I calculated on paper instead of using a calculator, did a sum wrong and thought I was mistaken :banghead:

Which means you'll have to do it over to get a grade. Since you don't seem to grasp what you did wrong...or want to take advice from anybody...
I'd go with this

...and hope for a 14 instead of a 12%
:shrug:

Q said:
Which means you'll have to do it over to get a grade.
They don't re-exam you. The exam mark will be dropped and the assignments and midterm marks will be used. They can't find my exam and if it wasn't for the registration card they wouldn't have had a record of me writing the exam. One big gigantic huge fuckup.

And I looked over the answers provided, which was pretty much the same except for the one question which I think I messed up a bit.

Does every thread LL posts in have to turn into a "let's all jump on LL for whatever fucking reason we want to" thread?

Doesn't that get a bit old after a while?

sheesh.

:rolleyes:

Jeslek said:
Q said:
Which means you'll have to do it over to get a grade.
They don't re-exam you. The exam mark will be dropped and the assignments and midterm marks will be used. They can't find my exam and if it wasn't for the registration card they wouldn't have had a record of me writing the exam. One big gigantic huge fuckup.

I wonder if you really got that 12 or if it was just another fuckup on their behalf.

outside looking in said:
Does every thread LL posts in have to turn into a "let's all jump on LL for whatever fucking reason we want to" thread?

Doesn't that get a bit old after a while?

Actually, it just gets more fun all the time. Really it does.
Jeslek said:
Don't be silly. It is us Canadians that need to learn to spell correctly.
Jeslek said:

And that's what makes it fun. :D

Back