shoot me in the head to end my pain.

BlurOfSerenity

i had braces from ages 9-12, myself. i grind and clench my teeth and it makes my jaw all tight and hurty. when i yawn, stretch my jaw to try to get some of the tightness out, or even sometimes eat, it sounds like loud rice krispies. it used to pop/click, i'd be eating with my family and every bite you could hear it popping/clicking with each bite. my mom could hear it very well clear across the table. for about a year after i saw the passion of the christ (during which i clenched my teeth mightily), i couldn't open my mouth very wide, i had to struggle to eat a friggin sandwich and my friends would make fun of me. finally, one day i could suddenly open it again. it's weird.
my mom has it too. of the people i know with tmj, many of their moms have it too. the rest had injuries.
i get really bothered when people think it means i do improper things with my mouth excessively, lol.

Winky

Well there you go...

My statement stands

on it's own

like a beacon of truth

shining through the murky fog

of incredulity!

(do ya think most of my comments require a decoder ring
a mature intellect or merely an above average intelligence
to decipher?)

Do not be to hasty in your rejoinder as there are board members
that ‘get it’ onna regular basis and they do indeed fall right into
some of above said categories’.

Dammit if by popular demand (and polling data) the OTC awards
hadn’t been quashed “I coulda been a contender”!

Yo Adrian!

Winky

heh heh heh good one 13
just like the olden days
I'd forgotten you had a ring too

indeed it's iz!

BlurOfSerenity

Ok, and what is TMJ? And did either of you have braces?

hmmm... revisiting tis thread... i had an awful overbite and the roof of my mouth was all pushed up, and i had this little appliance that had a little key that my mom turned, and it made the appliance spread out to help bring the roof of my mouth down. it hurt like no other. you saying that makes me wonder if my orthodontic experiences contributed to my tmj-having.