Should any administration control the press?

A better question, do you believe for a minute that the press hasn't always been controlled ... by 'money'?
Heck no. Currently a huge part of the press is blogs where people take the time and some hope to make a living at it, few ever do make any money at it.

The government should control the car companies, banks, wall street,
mortgage industry, your healthcare and the non-free press.

Basically every facet of your life.
Sheesh where do you think you are, America?

501c free press is funny. Free Press under gov't thumbs, yeah that'll work. :rofl:

On topic, is there any question where I stand?

More importantly, does anyone see the larger picture of what Obama's war against Fox is? He's sending a shot across the bow of the other media. A warning to not investigate or report too much, otherwise, you'll have the White House attempt to control your content (what other Sunday news shows did Obama miss beside Fox) & question your integrity.

This President does not like to be questioned or have a light shown in his direction.

On topic, is there any question where I stand?

More importantly, does anyone see the larger picture of what Obama's war against Fox is? He's sending a shot across the bow of the other media. A warning to not investigate or report too much, otherwise, you'll have the White House attempt to control your content (what other Sunday news shows did Obama miss beside Fox) & question your integrity.

This President does not like to be questioned or have a light shown in his direction.

No, he likes to be questioned and light shown in his direction. Bush and CHeney didn't. Especially Cheney. Obama is sending a shot at Fox that if you're going to act like a propaganda outlet you'll be treated like one. Obama is making no attempt to control their content.

But I wonder how you would react if Obama sent talking points to a media outlet like Bush did. Or planted "military analysts" posed as independent commentators on the news shows.

Oh yeah, I remember talking to you about it. You didn't see a problem. So I suppose you wouldn't have a problem if Obama actually engaged in the type of manipulation that Bush did.

Attempting to manipulate...not really. Unless the news crews have been warned to stay on topic - which they have.

Being that we live in a civilized society, I’m confident the state
won’t have too resort to the draconian measures employed by
dictatorships of the past to quell this outbreak of free speech.

The troublesome fact that Fox’s ratings are number one
isn’t the issue, as the state run propaganda news stations
will continue to operate and they can simply dismiss
the tiny minority of people who watch Fox as kooks.

Being that we live in a civilized society, I’m confident the state
won’t have too resort to the draconian measures employed by
dictatorships of the past to quell this outbreak of free speech.

Yeah, no shit.

I wonder, has a totalitarian government ever developed aftter grating their citizens more rights & lowering th enumber of regulations?

FOX News is a cable news channel.

The Fox network is a TV network with local news on local channels. (ABC, CBS, NBC)

It's my understanding that they are a news network.

It's my understanding that they are a right wing biased pundit network that occasionally runs a news story or two. At least that's what I see whenever I turn it on. I'm interested in the news. I couldn't give a fuck about pundits of any stripe telling me what my opinion should be.

Back