Skates

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm gonna be buying new skates...probably tomorrow. Traditional skates are too narrow for my feet, I have a pair right now but now that I have a job and some cash I'm not gonna be squeezing my feet into them anymore. Anyway, I'm considering the following two pairs...obviously the way they feel when I try them on is going to play a role in my decission but right now I'm leaning toward the tan ones. Anyone have either of them or have any opinions in general about them?

0833660_450_CC_5a5f1.jpg

0833566_450_CC_47971.jpg

It has been 20 years since I've been on ice skates (even longer for roller skates). And that was in Phoenix.

It has been 20 years since I've been on ice skates (even longer for roller skates). And that was in Phoenix.

I haven't been on ice skates in a few years either but there's lots of free outdoor skating rinks here and my friend has suggested we make it our winter sport this year and I need to get some sort of regualr exercise into my life so I jumped in with both feet. This coming friday we're going skating at the harbourfront, they're having live music and stuff at the rink. I love Toronto! Skating by the lake, WHOO!

Our rink is a lake now. :lloyd:

I like the bottom skates stylistically, plus the whole being CCM thing, but other than that, I know nothing.

The bottom skates are tightened with wires and that knob thing...I fear that it may break and render the skates useless so I've all but removed them from the list...

If we had to rely on a lake being our rink here we wouldn't be skating...they're having enough trouble keeping the artificially frozen rinks frozen :mope:

I also prefer the bottom ones, physcially. But safety first I guess. Plus those top ones have a cosy-looking woollen inside

The bottom skates are tightened with wires and that knob thing...I fear that it may break and render the skates useless so I've all but removed them from the list...

If we had to rely on a lake being our rink here we wouldn't be skating...they're having enough trouble keeping the artificially frozen rinks frozen :mope:
Ooooooh, Zach's rollerblades with those latches broke. Twice. No good.

Our rink is a tiny little artificial one in the fountain at city hall. And it's now a lake. :lloyd:

Ooooooh, Zach's rollerblades with those latches broke. Twice. No good.

Our rink is a tiny little artificial one in the fountain at city hall. And it's now a lake. :lloyd:

The rink at city hall here was melting last week :mope:

The Harbourfront rink must be OK thought because they've planned the skating with music thing.

I found the CCMs in lace up but they were too narrow for my feet...I got the nikes and they're SUPER COMFY

Sharpen them and keep them sharp. After every 5 hours of use and tell the guy doing the job hw well you skate. He'll adjust the grind for your level of skating. Have fun!

I just got them sharpened on my way home! They did it free at Canadian Tire but I wanted to try them on with different socks before I got them sharpened (cause once they're sharpened they can't be returned unless there's some defect)

They feel super comfy walking around my livingroom with them on (and guards of course) I'll tell ya how they work for skating on Friday.

Back