Smoke 'em if ya got 'em

What should or should not be legal?

• Tobacco and marijuana should both be legal.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Tobacco should remain legal, and marijuana should remain illegal.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Marijuana should be legalized and tobacco outlawed.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Both should be illegal.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
i dunno...they just passed the anti-smoking bill in georgia. effective july 1st no smoking in public. i don't smoke and this bill will benefit me financially at work but i just don't like the precedent it sets.

HomeLAN said:
Ex-smoker, believe both should be legal (and taxed all to shit).
I agree there, and I do beleive that you should be able to smoke outside, in you car and in your house and that is it, no bars, no restaurants, nowhere where it can effect someone else

tonksy said:
i don't smoke and this bill will benefit me financially at work but i just don't like the precedent it sets.
You think that customers at the Waffle house not being able to smoke will benefit you? Or am I misunderstanding?

PT said:
You think that customers at the Waffle house not being able to smoke will benefit you? Or am I misunderstanding?
i work the first shift. everybody goes to breakfast, everybody goes to lunch. they'll still do this either way. where it will benefit me is that there will be no more parties of people opting to wait for one of the 3 non smoking booths. so it negates "the money section" causing a more even flow of customers to the other sections.

Possibly. Although what percentage of people will spend far less time there to allow themselves a cig before they go to work? They cut out smoking in restaurants (that don't serve alcohol) here about two years ago, I hardly go out to eat lunch anymore, and that is one of the reasons why. If I can't sit and enjoy a cig after a meal, I won't eat there.

Oh, one more caveat. Selling to minors should carry sentences ranging from 40 years to life without parole (in both cases).

PT said:
Possibly. Although what percentage of people will spend far less time there to allow themselves a cig before they go to work? They cut out smoking in restaurants (that don't serve alcohol) here about two years ago, I hardly go out to eat lunch anymore, and that is one of the reasons why. If I can't sit and enjoy a cig after a meal, I won't eat there.
i guess they'll be driving to alabama for lunch then...or the titty bar. if you don't allow minors you can still have a smoking section.
the weekends is where i'll make up the money...all these snobby, rich, white folks taking their brats out to breakfast.

tonksy said:
the weekends is where i'll make up the money...all these snobby, rich, white folks taking their brats out to breakfast.

I resemble that remark. V2.0's decided he likes waffle house.

HomeLAN said:
I resemble that remark. V2.0's decided he likes waffle house.
you're rich? damn! i knew i shoulda kissed your ass more! :D
bring him in! i'll give him a cooks hat.

the chez whitey waffle house. johnson's ferry across from parkaire shopping center (the kroger).

here the trick is that you can not smoke in a restaurant, only in bars and lounges, so every restaurant besides "family"ones has a lounge

Both should be legal, but not able to be smoked in restaurants, bars, work, etc. Smoking should be restricted to streets, homes, cars (well, maybe not weed), etc.

Both should be legal and lot's of other stuff besides. Homey's got it right both times, althought I suspect I'd legalize more stuff than he means. Marijuana should be treated like alcohol.

chcr said:
Both should be legal and lot's of other stuff besides. Homey's got it right both times, althought I suspect I'd legalize more stuff than he means. Marijuana should be treated like alcohol.

You probably would. I wouldn't go too much farther, because you get further down the road and the user becomes far less predictable and a hell of a lot more of a public menace.

Back