So I corrupted some kids.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
hehe

so some person cooked fo her kids tonight, and go the feedback "It's not as good as pauls, it's too ketchupy"

:lloyd:

and while I am laughing now...it will backfire and I will be cooking more.

not that said person is a bad cook, she is a very good cook.

I do the majority of the cooking here too. The resident income tax deduction swears by (not at...) my grub. She wants me to open a restaurant selling fried chicken. Do I look like a 153 year old colonel from Kentucky? Shut up Gonz.

I think my best meal is stuffed peppers with skillet corn, green beans,and (of course)my world famous cornbread. All Ears' is the resident dessert maker...I don't do that stuff too well. AE prefers my chicken parmesan I think.

I love to cook.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I do the majority of the cooking here too. The resident income tax deduction swears by (not at...) my grub. She wants me to open a restaurant selling fried chicken. Do I look like a 153 year old colonel from Kentucky? Shut up Gonz.

I think my best meal is stuffed peppers with skillet corn, green beans,and (of course)my world famous cornbread. All Ears' is the resident dessert maker...I don't do that stuff too well. AE prefers my chicken parmesan I think.

I love to cook.

she still does most of the cooking, don't get that wrong, but every now and then I whip something up, sometimes it rocks (stir-frys especially) sometimes it bombs (breakfast burritos...they looked so bad I wouldn't let the kids see them till they where smothered in cheese, Leslie actually asked if I was feeding her kids cat food)

I love too cook, and I think th4y like it cause it is just diffrent than what they are used too, not better, just diffrent.

I am amazed to see these kids eat though, they actually like vegetables, freaks me out.

so what is skillet corn?

Two ways to make it. Here's the easiest.

Get a roll of the frozen cream corn (preferably white) from the freezer section of the grocery store. Add a 16 ounce package of (preferably yellow) whole kernal niblet corn also from freezer section. Let the roll thaw a couple hours first, then combine them in a skillet with some butter,salt, pepper, and just senough water to keep it from sticking. Heat over medium to medium high heat, stirring now and then, until desired consistency.

It's actually quite good.

The other method involves fresh cut corn mixed with flour and butter and other stuff I'd have to go look up. The freezer stuff is easier.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Two ways to make it. Here's the easiest.

Get a roll of the frozen cream corn (preferably white) from the freezer section of the grocery store. Add a 16 ounce package of (preferably yellow) whole kernal niblet corn also from freezer section. Let the roll thaw a couple hours first, then combine them in a skillet with some butter,salt, pepper, and just senough water to keep it from sticking. Heat over medium to medium high heat, stirring now and then, until desired consistency.

It's actually quite good.

The other method involves fresh cut corn mixed with flour and butter and other stuff I'd have to go look up. The freezer stuff is easier.

what is a roll of cremed corn, now I have seen it in cans....

this reminds me of shopping with Tonks and Unc when they where in montreal, they would ask where is the BLANK and I would be going what the hell is that, never heard of it, and they saw some stuff, going what the hell is that (like ketchup chips)

paul_valaru said:
what is a roll of cremed corn, now I have seen it in cans....
I think we get it in boxes, not rolls if I'm not mistaken.

probably the same dealio.

PT said:
Uhhh....... Huh?

you know salt & vinager chips bbq chips, this is ketchup chips
ketchup1-5oz.jpg

paul_valaru said:
you know salt & vinager chips bbq chips, this is ketchup chips
ketchup1-5oz.jpg
Wow, I've dipped chips in ketchup, but I've never seen such a thing. Y'all must really like your ketchup up there.

Back