So let's keep a daily track on Obama's approval rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Fallin'

obama_index_july_30_2009.jpg

obamagalluptrackingpoll.jpg

Would be interesting to overlay this graph with the same time periods for Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, etc....for comparison.

Would be interesting to overlay this graph with the same time periods for Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, Reagan, etc....for comparison.

Right now, Obama is tracking almost exactly the same as Jimmy Carter in the same time period.

Not even close. On the comparison tab Eisenhower's numbers went North at the same time BH0's took a dump.

If you'll look at the chart 0bama has a lower approval rating than Bush had at his corresponding time period. :shrug:

Zoikes!
Ronald Reagan may provide a closer parallel to Obama. Both took office as the nation's economy was in perilous times. Reagan was at 60% at six months, but his standing slipped below 50% by the end of his first year in office as the jobless rate swelled.
We're only 13% through it. ;)

Not even close. On the comparison tab Eisenhower's numbers went North at the same time BH0's took a dump.

If you'll look at the chart 0bama has a lower approval rating than Bush had at his corresponding time period. :shrug:
Bush didn't have an economic depression/recession to clean up from his predecessor. ;)

You seem to be overlooking the fact that historically at 7 months in prezSub-Zero should still be enjoying the public support he started off with.

The fact that Americans are starting to hold him accountable for the choices he has made since the inauguration has sent his approval ratings into the crapper.

:shrug:

There is an unlimited number of ignorant people out there who have no clue as to when that recession actually started. Otherwise they would not be blaming Bush.

The first quarter of negative real growth was actually the third quarter of 2000, under Bubba.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that historically at 7 months in prezSub-Zero should still be enjoying the public support he started off with.

The fact that Americans are starting to hold him accountable for the choices he has made since the inauguration has sent his approval ratings into the crapper.

:shrug:

There is an unlimited number of ignorant people out there who have no clue as to when that recession actually started. Otherwise they would not be blaming Bush.

The first quarter of negative real growth was actually the third quarter of 2000, under Bubba.

Why you even attempt to seem rational is beyond me, (and I think most of us) since you are clearly not even in the same zip code as sane and rational on these subjects. Do you seriously think anyone wants to disturb your mad delusions and engage you in serious debate?

This is the only response that your posts on politics merit.

258Troll_spray.jpg

Heh. That's a good one.

You talking about being "sane" and "rational."

You wouldn't know "sane" and "rational" if they came up and bit you in your ass. :shrug:

2f562fb7f7d2c4d99297272.gif

No there is a HUGE difference between you and me Cerise. I am not sure if you'd be capable of understanding it, as it is even difficult to me at times.

When I see right wingers, except in the cases of corruption, I see people who I believe honestly believe what they believe, and believe their philosophies are in the best interest of the people. I may tend to disagree, but I don't see them as evil at their core. I think the party emphasis on big money makes them the party whose principles are for sale to a larger degree than democrats, although both parties are guilty of that.

What I think you see when you look at more liberal minded people is an evil and inferior form of life that needs extermination. This in itself is dangerously bordering the realm of what evil truly is. I may be wrong and maybe it's just satire when you talk like you do, but if I was a betting man I'd bet you are mostly someone who can be taken at face value.

I hear that stuff is bad for ya when used in an enclosed area.
Where's the gov. reg. warning label?:evilsmok:

Bush didn't have an economic depression/recession to clean up from his predecessor. ;)

You haven't been paying attention to the recessions, then.

The recession of 2001 was declared in December under Clinton. Bush didn't take office until January 20, 2001. Remember that thing about "two consecutive quarters of negative growth"? Just who do you think was in office while that recession was brewing?

The difference with the Reagan and Bush recessions is that they used tax cuts to bring us out of them. This clown thinks that raising taxes and printing money will do it.

IT WON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back