So maybe it is a sickness after all.

MrBishop

is it just me or does this thread make no sense?

Let me bring you up to date.

Prof created a thread about homosexual rams, titling it so that it sounds like homosexuality is a sickness.
I countered with an allusion about how this sounds more like a way of controlling unwanted people...with a hint towards its smacking of racism.
A few mixed in bits by highwayman to add levity
Gotholic countering with Homosexuality in animals is a myth (but ill supported)
A quote from 1984 by Gonz (nice comeback, BTW)
Me trying to goad some neocons into defending genetic modification (which they normally attack)
Gato stepping in to say that this is different because homosexuality isn't genetic..it's choice.
Gotholic adding his theory that homosexuality is a learned response.

Yeah..you know what. This argument IS all over the place.
Welcome to OTC
:bgpimp:

tonksy

It still amazes me that folks are so concerned over who fucks who :shrug:
It ain't you so why do you care?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
but but but it's a downhill slope!! Soon there will be people marrying dogs and babies and who can tell what else!?

unclehobart

but but but it's a downhill slope!! Soon there will be people marrying dogs and babies and who can tell what else!?
Which leads to either: a. eternal damnation for the devout religious type for letting such an abomination exist, or b. They will all be getting special tax breaks somehow that 'normal' people won't... which burns them in this life instead of the afterlife.

chcr

Too cute for words

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tonksy again.

You know, I used to seriously believe that the vast majority of people were not busybodies. Evidently incorrect in that particualr assessment, huh?

catocom

you know I just had a thought.......
If they go ahead and throw out the "all men are created equal" from the
constitution, then figure out how to divide up the world into different sects
that believe all alike, then everybody could pay taxes on everything they
agree with.....
nope nothing even remote could ever happen.....

Nope, if the 'tribulation' isn't upon us, I sure hope I Don't see it.

(I had a brain fart...mostly just rambling here)

chcr

Too cute for words
Oh, I like to hear good gossip. I just never saw fit to push my way of life on others.

And thus, you are one of the relatively few non-busybodies. Most people know they know what's best for everyone. I'm not that smart, I only worry about what's best for me.

Professur

Actually, I swapped out my nice comfy boss's chair for a crappy 1970's steel and wood chair and I'm finally not getting static shocks everytime I touch anything.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Very few do care. However, when they make their private life public, loudly & repeatedly, is when we take exception. If they make it everyones business we have a right to complain.

As is being proven everyday.

Dave

You know, I used to seriously believe that the vast majority of people were not busybodies. Evidently incorrect in that particualr assessment, huh?

havent been caught in a traffic jam caused by rubberneckers in awhile huh...