So much for our humanity

MrBishop said:
Nope... I finished writing my piece. Hit post and before I could go back to talk about her health...we're all of a sudden talking about morals and the cause of the lack of it.

Ah, so your outrage and failure to pause before hitting the send button is now our insensitivity. Classic.

Enjoy the rest of this thread without me.

MrBishop said:
Surprised? Nope....pissed off, yup!

I was raised to open doors for people, give up my seat, say 'please' and 'thank you' etc..

Chivalry and politeness shouldn't be a lost art!
It's a crying shame!

You have every right to be pissed. However it is how the world is changing moreso in the West. Very much the inidividual culture of me me me.

Religious convictions really dont have a whole lot if anything to do with it. You dont need religion to be moral, you dont need morals to be religious

Professur said:
Ah, so your outrage and failure to pause before hitting the send button is now our insensitivity. Classic.

Enjoy the rest of this thread without me.
You've got this incredible knack of turning everything into a personal affront to you. "Me, me, me" - nice example.

MrBishop said:
*hmmm.... 12 posts and still nobody asked if MrsBish and the baby were OK*

**just saying is all...the argument precedes everything on here most days**
Sorry hon, that sounds like a bait to me. Like you left it out of the first post just to see who would ask and who wouldn't. Like you were already upset and couldn't lash out at the people on the bus so you would lash out at anyone here who didn't ask what you wanted them to.

I'm glad she's ok. How along is she anyway and could her pregnancy be mistaken for a weight issue? I've been asked how far along I am in the past and I wasn't pregnant - it's an easy thing to misconstrue in the first few months. Also, you say a midwife; I know what they are down here and they aren't medical professionals in a lot of cases. Shouldn't she be checked out by a doc for pre-eclampsia? Perhaps orthostatic changes to her blood pressure?

People are definitely insensitive, even though I accept that as the 'way things are', I do find more of it in the city than in my own neighborhood. I consider it a trade-off. I don't expect the smallest of common decency.

SouthernN'Proud said:
You two must be related...
Nah...we've just known each other for longer than most members have been alive. Comes out to the same thing, I guess. :shrug:

greenfreak said:
Sorry hon, that sounds like a bait to me. Like you left it out of the first post just to see who would ask and who wouldn't. Like you were already upset and couldn't lash out at the people on the bus so you would lash out at anyone here who didn't ask what you wanted them to..
I left it out in the first post because I was talking about manners..keeping to the thread. I was just amazed to see that nobody asked. I had meant to follow-up with the next post, but the thread was working its way off. Then I looked again and... I'm not looking to take pot-shots at members, even if it might be conscrued that way.

greenfreak said:
I'm glad she's ok. How along is she anyway and could her pregnancy be mistaken for a weight issue? I've been asked how far along I am in the past and I wasn't pregnant - it's an easy thing to misconstrue in the first few months. Also, you say a midwife; I know what they are down here and they aren't medical professionals in a lot of cases. Shouldn't she be checked out by a doc for pre-eclampsia? Perhaps orthostatic changes to her blood pressure?.
She's going to be 6 months in a few days. Weight issues start in the hips and butt long before you get the kind of sharply protruding belly that you find in prognant women. Wearing a light summer dress like she was... no way anyone could've mistaken her for 'just fat'.

We used a midwife for Javier. Great experience! I personally delivered my son with the midwife being more of a coach than someone to push me out of the way and take over.
Up here, they're about as close to medical professionals as you can get. Licensed and registered with several years of medical school before they're allowed to practice. MrsBish does go to a hospital for the ultrasounds and the blood-tests go to clinics for testing...ditto smears etc. There's also a full clinic downstairs for tests that the midwives can't administer and direct links with the local hospital for thorough follow-through.
greenfreak said:
People are definitely insensitive, even though I accept that as the 'way things are', I do find more of it in the city than in my own neighborhood. I consider it a trade-off. I don't expect the smallest of common decency.
I do expect it though...even though I'm constantly being either put down for my naiveté and anachronistic thinking or being let down when things like this happen.

greenfreak said:
Sorry hon, that sounds like a bait to me. Like you left it out of the first post just to see who would ask and who wouldn't.
Besides...it's not my style. I'm not here to start fights, nor walk away from them.

MrBishop said:
Besides...it's not my style. I'm not here to start fights, nor walk away from them.
I'll agree that it didn't seem to be for a long time. But lately, the strain between you and Prof is painfully apparent. So many of the threads that you both post in become words in anger between the two of you. I didn't see this one as being any different, only the subject matter changes.

I should have explained better before, that this is what I meant. I don't say this to bring personal stuff public, that's already being done. I say it because it's becoming a common thing and something I keep trying to ignore. I just didn't ignore it this time.

Of course, I could be completely wrong, (wouldn't be the first time!) I'm just stating my observation and how I took it. :shrug: :)

greenfreak said:
I'll agree that it didn't seem to be for a long time. But lately, the strain between you and Prof is painfully apparent. So many of the threads that you both post in become words in anger between the two of you. I didn't see this one as being any different, only the subject matter changes....
Of course, I could be completely wrong, (wouldn't be the first time!) I'm just stating my observation and how I took it. :shrug: :)
spyvspy.jpg

Back