So what did they expect?

You're ignoring the fact that both sides do plenty of attacking and that acquiring land this way is against international law or in other words "illegal occupation".

Looks like you think all land here in America should be given back to the native americans and the mexicans, that means you will need to move because you are not a Mexican national...

Looks like you think all land here in America should be given back to the native americans and the mexicans, that means you will need to move because you are not a Mexican national...

Not sure that the international law existed at that time. I'd agree with you that there was certainly much wrong with the treatment of those people.

By that stream of logic, would not the Mexicans also have to vacate for the indigenous indians as well?

It is quite common to hear people blaming the spaniards for coming here to "conquer us" to which sometimes I reply with a "yeah, are we the conquered or the conquerer?".

The invaders "of the land" were the spaniards. Mexicans are the direct descent of both the indigenous and the spaniards. So I think it is pretty safe to say that we belong here :p

Back