So what was the reason for the war again?

So, what was the reason for a war?

• OIL!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Revenge for Saddam's attempt to Assassinate Bush 41

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Colonialism / imperialism

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Protecting Israel

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • War against Islam

• Weapons testing

• To capture a "Stargate"

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Boosting the white male ego

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • None of the above/I support the war

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
it's most likely a combination of a few or even all reasons stated...and more.
the war isn't fought for one sole reason, that's a bit short sighted i think.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Shadowfax said:
Exactly. :wink2:

flavio

Banned
PuterTutor said:
Shadowfax said:

Makes it easier to hedge your bets on all the lies that way. That way if you're called on one of the reasons you can shift focus away from that one.

Like how Iraq and all their WMDs posed some imminent threat to the US and was the stated reason for the war for a long time. Now that we can see that Iraq hardly posed a threat even when attacked on their own soil that reason isn't holding water anymore.

Ah, but see....they can now downplay that one and switch focus to another lie until it too becomes obvious.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
For any one of them, yes it does sound petty, but if you put them all together, it doesn't. Thats the way it works alot of times, Flav.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
flavio said:
PuterTutor said:
Shadowfax said:

Like how Iraq and all their WMDs posed some imminent threat to the US and was the stated reason for the war for a long time. Now that we can see that Iraq hardly posed a threat even when attacked on their own soil that reason isn't holding water anymore.

Ah, but see....they can now downplay that one and switch focus to another lie until it too becomes obvious.

:wink2:

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
For anyone that seriously thinks Iraq never posessed any illegal chemical or biological weapons, I can say with a straight face that you are a fool. Proof of their existance will be found in time, of that I have no doubt.

But, supposing I am the fool, so what? I personally think all administrations have lied to the public, so if "WMD's" turns out to be a badly couched lie, why are they suddenly so evil?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
outside looking in said:
For anyone that seriously thinks Iraq never posessed any illegal chemical or biological weapons, I can say with a straight face that you are a fool. Proof of their existance will be found in time, of that I have no doubt.

I agree, oli. Problem is, I could say the same of the USA.

But, supposing I am the fool, so what? I personally think all administrations have lied to the public, so if "WMD's" turns out to be a badly couched lie, why are they suddenly so evil?

:eek6: Um....PEOPLE DIED.

ris

yeah, bush loves the program and figured he'd get some of the limited merchandise while the chance was good. and he's a bit short of shopping time what with all that meeting famous people.

:nuts2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
outside looking in said:
For anyone that seriously thinks Iraq never posessed any illegal chemical or biological weapons, I can say with a straight face that you are a fool. Proof of their existance will be found in time,

They have already found plenty of evidence that they exist(ed). The question is, where are they NOW???

Did, as some have suggested, they get destroyed just previous to the war? (Anybody want a cold bottle of Euphrates river water?)

Were/are they hidden?

Or most serious of the questions, what country or group received them?

A combination of all three? (my choice)

All 3 potentials fit. Now to figure out what combination of the 3 is right.

HeXp£Øi±

hanged.gif

flavio

Banned
Re: Re: So what was the reason for the war again?

habanero said:
It was all just a big public relations gimmick so that Dubya could debut his new playing cards.

Those things are pretty sweet...I'll get on board with that. :D

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Problem is...MOST anti-war folks think that, now that the war is over, those WMD's will magically appear. Perhaps they also think that we can search an area the same size of California overnight. Anyway, just to make it easier on those who believe that, try this...

Bury a bone in your backyard at night, when nobody is around, making sure that it is well hidden. The next morning, have a neighbor come by and find the bone. Make it a normal-sized bone, say, from a chicken leg. Don't tell them where it is. Then, give them a teaspoon, and have them search. Time this, and get back to me when they're done.

(this will only work in a yard that is at least 30 X 30 feet)