So what was the reason for the war again?

So, what was the reason for a war?

• OIL!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Revenge for Saddam's attempt to Assassinate Bush 41

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Colonialism / imperialism

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Protecting Israel

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • War against Islam

• Weapons testing

• To capture a "Stargate"

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Boosting the white male ego

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • None of the above/I support the war

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
damn, my neighbour kicked me out of the house...thanks gato :eh: ;)

when the wmd's are found some people will say the allied forces created the evidence....
if they aren't found it's no good either.

point is, there is ALWAYS something to bitch about...
the war has been fought and time will tell how much it will benefit the iraqi people, or how much it doesn't.

Gato_Solo said:
Problem is...MOST anti-war folks think that, now that the war is over, those WMD's will magically appear. Perhaps they also think that we can search an area the same size of California overnight. Anyway, just to make it easier on those who believe that, try this...
Do you think they're still in Iraq, Gato? I think they had plenty of time to move them. I think that's a separate problem, though.
Gato_Solo said:
Bury a bone in your backyard at night, when nobody is around, making sure that it is well hidden. The next morning, have a neighbor come by and find the bone. Make it a normal-sized bone, say, from a chicken leg. Don't tell them where it is. Then, give them a teaspoon, and have them search. Time this, and get back to me when they're done.
:yell:

Gato_Solo said:
Problem is...MOST anti-war folks think that, now that the war is over, those WMD's will magically appear. Perhaps they also think that we can search an area the same size of California overnight. Anyway, just to make it easier on those who believe that, try this...

Bury a bone in your backyard at night, when nobody is around, making sure that it is well hidden. The next morning, have a neighbor come by and find the bone. Make it a normal-sized bone, say, from a chicken leg. Don't tell them where it is. Then, give them a teaspoon, and have them search. Time this, and get back to me when they're done.

(this will only work in a yard that is at least 30 X 30 feet)

No, the problem is that MOST pro-war folk will continue to believe that Iraq was some sort of threat to us even if WMD are never found. Even when its apparent that they weren't even a threat when attacked on their own soil.

The marching orders are changing

The search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq should continue, but coalition forces don't need to find them to justify the war against Saddam Hussein.

That's the take of U.S. Sen. Tom Daschle, D-S.D.

"Regime change was a legitimate goal, it was accomplished and I think that's laudable in and of its own right,'' Daschle said Thursday.

''In 21 days we eliminated somebody who for 20 years has repressed and tortured his own people and posed a serious risk not only to his country, but to countries all over the world, including the United States,'' he added.

:D

Luis G said:
brain wash is evolving

* will wait and watch the job :lol:

Perhaps...but at least our government doesn't resort to 're-education' camps...like all communist countries do. :p

Back