So...where'd you pick up your Post-Name?

MrBishop

MrBishop = originally concieved in a place called itsyourturn.com, where I play chess online. I love the sniping ability of the bishops. The Mr part...justa nice twist on "When you're this big, they call you Mister".

So...where'd you get your name from? Pick it out of a hat? Random? or does it say something about you?

My wife used to call me that all the time, it just stuck. Now I'm just PT though...

childhood nickname gone awry...many varities....take your pick *deep breath*
tonks, tonksy, tonky, tink, tinks, tinksy, tinky....not crazy about tonka for obvious reasons....left the original nick name off that list because tinkerbell just isn't me...strange, huh?

Said it before and I'll say it again...I think that "Misanthrope" is a misnomer for you... You're not mean enough for it.

tonks said:
not crazy about tonka for obvious reasons....

Now why would any woman not like being named after a toy that's both unbreakeable and that men and boys like to paly with :)

MrBishop said:
Now why would any woman not like being named after a toy that's both unbreakeable and that men and boys like to paly with :)
i don't like the comparsion between me and a bulldozer....call it a tad of weight sensitivity....bulldozers weigh alot :D

Hmm.....my nicknames are quite boring, but I need the typing practice so I'll blather on regardless.

Oz is both my online and real-life nickname. It was given to me when I first moved from NE England to the midlands. Oz is the name given to a big dozy character from the tv series Auf Wiedersien Pet. Oz is a geordie and as I was the only geordie on my block.......Oz I became :)

Other names I've used.....

Coney - From the Lord of the Rings.
Capn' Skank - a character from the 2000ad comic book
Malkavian - From the Vampire RPG
Chapter 43 - Buggered if I know, made it up one day.
Bleach - my fondness to bleach my hair (used to be a fashion statement, now to hide the grey).

I've also been Ozzie, Osszie, Ozwald, Ozric and other derivities of Oz.

I had a parakeet named Lt. Knucklehead. Knucklhead for short. Dad wouldn't let me name him Shithead, though that's what he was often referred to as.

MrBishop said:
Said it before and I'll say it again...I think that "Misanthrope" is a misnomer for you... You're not mean enough for it.

It has nothing to do with being mean (which I'm not) or bitter (which I am). :D

mis·an·thrope n. One who hates or mistrusts humankind.

MrBishop said:

Agreed, i know those types, you do not qualify.

Back