So...where'd you pick up your Post-Name?

I tried to be creative in spelling a name. Finally came up with a name that I was happy with, and after a few months of using it, a second entry in altavista popped up: mirlyn. For awhile, I was the only result you'd find. Now there's pages of pages for the word. *kicks ground and mumbles* Stupid libraries....

freako was a joke a take on me being "goth". when i signed up to get my emails i had alaways used freako as character names in rpgs and such so i tried it for that. freako itself was taken but freako104 wasnt. i have had other variations on it but always a freako to accompany numbers

z_double_live_gonzo_movie.gif

An old friend used to call me a freak all the time, and of course I have a strange obsession with the color green. The gardening came later and fit. I've kept the same username from the day I first signed on to the internet until now.

my first name, last initial. 27 happened to be free when i signed up for an AIM name way back when.

I have always worn a shark's tooth necklace onboard boats. According to sailor tradition, if you fall overboard while in possession of a shark's tooth, the sharks will not eat you. But you have to have found the tooth on a beach for it to work properly. It has always worked - been bumped into many times (one of a shark's methods of sniffing to see if you are food) but never bitten.

I'll save you all the story of how I made up the word, "inkara," while in a typing class one day, and the fictional character, The GREAT INKARA, and how I just put a "1" after "inkara" when I signed up for a chatroom for the first time.

CydCharisse said:
I was reading a book with a passage about this classic film star. I thought it sounded AND looked neat
she was a bombshell...legs for miles...you should watch singing in the rain...brief but memorable part.....

tonks said:
she was a bombshell...legs for miles...you should watch singing in the rain...brief but memorable part.....
Worth a thousand words (maybe two thousand in this case).

Oh, and while dancing she could more than hold her own with Gene Kelly.

Oopsy. don't have time to fix it right now.
Fixed.

Named after Bowie's song when registered at HWC. Used the same name here because of the ties this place use to have with the HWC forums. I'm Noite Escura in every other place; portuguese for Dark Night, name of a fictional horse I used to ride on my imagination when playing as a kid...

Ms Ann Thrope said:
It has nothing to do with being mean (which I'm not) or bitter (which I am). :D

mis·an·thrope n. One who hates or mistrusts humankind.
Really? Mine says [font=verdana,arial,geneva]misanthrope (noun) -[/font]
pixel.gif
1. someone who dislikes people in general
Synonyms: misanthropist

Mistrusting humankind...I can deal with...we're all pretty ugly under the skin. :p

MrBishop said:
Really? Mine says [font=verdana,arial,geneva]misanthrope (noun) -[/font]
pixel.gif
1. someone who dislikes people in general
Synonyms: misanthropist

Mistrusting humankind...I can deal with...we're all pretty ugly under the skin. :p
Either way, being a misanthrope doesn't necessarily imply that one is "mean" --- which I understand as: adj. Selfish in a petty way; unkind. Cruel, spiteful, or malicious.

One can hate humanity without being mean, imo. :p

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Either way, being a misanthrope doesn't necessarily imply that one is "mean" --- which I understand as: adj. Selfish in a petty way; unkind. Cruel, spiteful, or malicious.

One can hate humanity without being mean, imo. :p

Love thine enemy...how very Christian of you, m'dear :p

Back