So why are you still here?

MrBishop said:
Didn't you just answer your own question... why aren't you seeing a mass-migration? there's a one-year waiting list for those trying to move to Canada permanently

There's also been no rush to the Canadian consulates scattered throughout the US...and if just one of those famous 'celebs' went in, don't you think it would be front-page news on at least 3 national magazines? So, theoretically, I did answer my own question, but, factually, I did not. ;)

Gato_Solo said:
There's also been no rush to the Canadian consulates scattered throughout the US...and if just one of those famous 'celebs' went in, don't you think it would be front-page news on at least 3 national magazines? So, theoretically, I did answer my own question, but, factually, I did not. ;)

"We started last year getting a lot of calls from Americans dissatisfied with the way the country is going," Kischer says. "Then after the election, it's been crazy up here. The Canadian immigration Web site had 115,000 hits the day after the election -- from the U.S. alone. We usually only get 20,000 hits."

There's bitching and moaning...which a lot of these hits will turn out to be... then there'll be a few real people really moving across the border. I can't complain...we've got a population shortage up here and can use a nice infusion. :D

Quite a few states ditch the income tax in favor of a sales tax. Unfortunately for me, California double-dips, charging me a state income tax as well as sales tax on every purchase (and plus, when you get a cell phone and sign up for a two-year commitment, the phone's free but you have to pay tax on the "unactivated price" of $200).

Back