So, you're on a deserted island

greenfreak said:
I thought I was the only one I knew who read that book! He's great at travelogues. Have you read his book on Australia?
In a Sunburned Country? Yes! I read it about four years ago, when it first came out . . . I still remember how he was fascinated by how deadly the critters were, and how beautiful the country was. Thanks for reminding me, it's time to pull that one off the bookshelf and read it again. :cool:

I'm a Stranger Here Myself is another good one. That is probably the funniest book I have ever read. It's hard to read it because you keep having to wipe the tears out of your eyes from laughing so hard. :D

The most memorable part: When he was traveling through Mississippi and was stopped by a State Trooper, and when the trooper saw his ID and that he was from GB he asked Bill "HAH YOO LAHK MISS HIPPIE?". Bill couldn't understand what the trooper was saying and he was terrified and didn't know what to say, but the trooper let him go, mumbling something about "them furriners". That is all paraphrased, of course, and is MUCH funnier the way he wrote it. :D

Back