Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya lose

Professur

And this time, I won.

I'd been browsing the PDA counter at an electronics shop locally, and nearly had to pick my eyes off the floor when I saw a Palm Pilot marked at $49.95 Cnd. Well, I had to investigate.

It was the display model. Now, almost all the display models are dead cases, in case of theft. But this one was the real thing, but they only had the PDA itself. No accessories. It was a Palm Vx. One helluva good older model. I decided to take a gamble on being able to get a cradle for it, and bought it. At worst case, Palm is offering a $80 trade in for their newer models and I could sell it to someone for that.

Well, a week of crawling through liquidation bins proved fruitless. I could get a cradle for any of the M series, or any Handspring model, but the V was a lost cause. And to sour the milk further, the website only ships to US addresses. I was about to ask one of our US members to help me out, when the good Lord smiled on me.

At a Bureau en Gros (staples) in Trois Rivieres (Bishop's home stomping ground) I hit the mother load. Not only a cradle, but a travel charger, full size keyboard, and deluxe leather cases for all of the above. Now for the shocker

Deluxe leather case for Palm V ....Regular $29.95 .... Paid $4.98
HotSync Cradle ..........Regular $49.95 .... Paid $4.98
Travel Kit .......Regular $89.86 ..... Paid $24.98
Keyboard .......Regular $99.98 ..... Paid $9.98
Deluxe leather case for Keyboard ...Regular $29.95 .... Paid $2.48

That's (wait for it) $299.69 of accessories for $47.40

Yeah Baby.

You should read it...its hilairious...

Here is the thread. Make sure you look at the eBay link and read about the item... :rofl3:

Very nice!

Have you had a PDA before? I really like mine, the only problem I had with it was my own fault. I had forgotten to change the batteries and it died on me which usually wouldn't be such a big deal if I had hot synched the files to my computer. I hadn't backed them up when I had to redo my pc two months beforhand. So I lost everything and I haven't had the patience to put it all back in yet.

You only get 30 seconds to change the batteries in my model too. :eh:

This thing has permanent batteries.

Never had a PDA before. I used an electronic agenda, tho. Mostly for passwords and customer details. I wasn't even looking to buy this time, just checking out the new models.

The missus is already after me to get an astronomy software that she saw in one of her magasines. And V2.0 wants to learn to use it so that I can give it to her.

I did that with mine too Greenie, I had synced it about a month before, so I didn't lose too much, but it was still enough. Mine has the meter too, it said 50% for about a week, then one morning it was just dead. :(

Guess I'll know to go ahead and change them when it says 50% now though. :shrug:

Back