Speak too much Amurrican?

ris said:
the industry standard journalism package in teh uk is quark x-press.

That's because the Brits already speak properly, it's the Americans that keep mucking things up so they need the spell-checker in there to correct things.. :D

ris said:
i bet aunty would disagree, we happily mangle our own language daily
I was about to say. Every British person I know (5 or 6, not counting here) use just as much slang and mangle grammar just as much as we americans. It's just different slang and they mangle it in different ways.

yeah, sorry about that, i should have been more careful in your delicate condition ;) :D

Quark X-press is the standard for page layout here too. The stories, at least in all the experience I've had thus far, are typed in M$ Word and copy edited, and then after changes are made to the word file it's dropped into the Quark file and laid out.

8/10. I failed five english classes in highschool so that's my excuse. I just thank god they weren't asking hard ones like what is a verb.:buck:

Sometimes i wonder who proof reads certain papers, or if its done at all, the spelling and grammatical mistakes are so rampant in some its a total gas.

chcr said:
Every British person I know (5 or 6, not counting here) use just as much slang and mangle grammar just as much as we americans.

;) Yeah but difference is that the Brits realise it and can still tell the difference between what's slang and what isn't. Americans do it subconsciously as if they were born with the gift of mangling speech. :p

Back