Stag night/week & wedding

Arris

Stag Night
----------

Well I had fun on my holidays last week when I went down to Gloucester for a Stag night. To make a great start to the evening after my first drink I went to the toilet, after entering a cubicle I undid my zip and unbuckled my belt and then heard a splash as my phone dropped off my belt into the toilet. I managed to rescue it (luckily, well if you can call anything lucky that involves trashing your mobile, it had recently been flushed and I didn't have any other objects in it to contend with). I switched it off immediately and let it dry out. We then continued in the age old tradition of drinking heavily, followed by a boysterous rendition of "Flower of Scotland" as we staggered up the street towards a night club (groom was scottish as well). We eventually reached the club and the group of us went in and went to the upper floor of the club. I tried to maintain a grip on the evening as the best man should and keep the groom to be from doing anything stupid. Unfortunately his alcohol fuelled dancing led him to be entangled with a girl I would affectionately refer to as a moped (fun to ride but you wouldn't like your mates to see you on it). I tried to disuade him but he was having none of. Somehow lost him and staggered out of the club.....

Not being far too drunk by my own standards I managed to negotiate directions to a taxi rank for a £1 from a homeless girl and found myself standing, sobering up in a queue. Finally I got to the front of the queue and thought.... aha.... at least I know where I'm going (grooms house), I have the address stored in my phone.... oh...

I managed to remember the street and roughly what number the house was and got into a taxi.... stated the destination and the taxi driver said "Never heard of it mate". Despair was beginning to set in when luckily when he asked another driver where it was he was given rough directions and with the aid of a map we found the street, my semi conscious senses let me recognise the house and I got back...

Stag night over and done with thank god.
And with insurance on my phone I got a replacement sent out to the address I was staying at the next day, so only really lost a few phone numbers which were stored in the phones memory.

Two days before the wedding
----------------------------

Groom had a few friends round and then at about 10pm disappeared for few hours leaving me to deal with his friends..
When he turned up later there was only me and one guy who had just puked up the majority of the bottle of JD he had drunk. We talked to him asking where he had been and he said "this is just between us. I don't want it to go any further". He proceeded to tell us how he had been seeing another woman for about two weeks and thought he loved her more than his fiancee. He said that nothing physical had gone on between them but still this made him confess that he wasn't sure that he wanted to go through with the marriage, but on the otherhand felt he had to as he didn't want to upset everyone at this late stage...

The wedding
--------------

So as you can imagine being the best man of a groom at a wedding that he doesn't want to be at isn't my idea of a fun time. Luckily enough after further discussion he decided that having been with this girl (who was his first serious girlfriend) for seven years he was possibly just excited by someone new and different but did love the girl he was engaged to. The wedding went ahead smoothly and the went off on their honeymoon today to Tenerife. Even my speech was well received and the evening reception went fine (even somehow ended up with the phone number of a woman that one of his friends brought to the reception on a blind date
:blank: )

The End
---------

We managed to get through about 120 550ml cans of Carlsberg in about 5 days and finally get through with the marriage. Hopefully they will live happily after but if they don't and he gets married again, I don't think I want to go through being his best man again!!!!

Anyway that was my week off work ;)

Nice to be back :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Re: Stag night/week &amp; wedding

woah, that was specific.

ohh and piss-shit shortcircuited cell phone, next time, get a nokia seen those live :D :headbang:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Re: Stag night/week &amp;amp; wedding

Unfortunately his alcohol fuelled dancing led him to be entangled with a girl I would affectionately refer to as a moped (fun to ride but you wouldn't like your mates to see you on it)

:rofl: i spilled quite a bit of coke on my keyboard due to that, thanks :D LOL

Aunty Em

Re: Stag night/week &amp;amp;amp; wedding

Well I've never heard it described as that before.... :lol:

Glad to have you back... I thought you'd deserted too... as you can see we did a spot of redecorating while you were gone... just don't look behind the cupboards... :D

Arris

Well its good to be back ;)

I'm going to have a look behind all the cupboards to see what is new and exciting in this vBulletin v3 beta... :D

ris

all the way to phreaking gloucester and i'm about 5 junctions more down the m5 :rolleyes: :D

then again, i was in alford last weekend.... oops

Arris

ris said:
all the way to phreaking gloucester and i'm about 5 junctions more down the m5 :rolleyes: :D

then again, i was in alford last weekend.... oops

Almost flew into Bristol... but the flight to B'ham ended up being cheaper :blank: