Stanley UPDATE

Distemper is pretty serious. I don't think she would be eating. Worms...I dunno, I don't think they would make her do that...maybe??(

Maybe distemper is the same as moquillo, is there a vaccine for it?, Isis have the vaccine against moquillo.

And it isn't worms, the feces analisys said she has no parasites.

Sorry, Luis. Moquillo is distemper. I just googled it. How long ago did she have the vaccine? It could be a reaction...:shrug:

Here is a website for it. Sorry I couldn't find a Spanish translation for you. :(

It does sound kind of bacterial. Hopefully the vitamins and the medication will help.

Oh...Sorry to hear all this. Distemper is detectable by a distinct oder usually searched for in the forehead area. If a vet has seen her, he would be able to recognise it easily, so hopefully its not that...Good luck with her...I'm a sap when it comes to pets.....

Thanks for the links gato.

So far, 6 veterinarias have seen her, my uncle, my cousin, my counsin's husband, and the other vets that works for my uncle. From all of those only one said it is distemper, and he also said that because the symptoms she has only appear in the terminal phase it is very unlikely that she dies from it, because the vaccine makes dogs that have it to only develop about 40% of the disease.

However, we'll have to wait.

Luis G said:
Thanks for the links gato.

So far, 6 veterinarias have seen her, my uncle, my cousin, my counsin's husband, and the other vets that works for my uncle. From all of those only one said it is distemper, and he also said that because the symptoms she has only appear in the terminal phase it is very unlikely that she dies from it, because the vaccine makes dogs that have it to only develop about 40% of the disease.

However, we'll have to wait.

That's encouraging news. Just keep a close eye on her...

Luis G said:
what are you trying to say with that? :D

It was a rebuttal to Q's statement...and not all dogs are as teensy as her's. :p

P.S.
You'll never catch a cat drinking from the servicio. :p :p

Gato_Solo said:
It was a rebuttal to Q's statement...and not all dogs are as teensy as her's. :p
Gato, my av is one of my dogs...he weighs about 85 pounds :p

Gato_Solo said:
P.S.
You'll never catch a cat drinking from the servicio. :p :p

But they dig around in that septic mud and then walk all over your food prep surfaces... *shudders*

Back