Straight to hell.....

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
Does Malory maybe get it from her dad?
Nope, he'll eat anything :shrug:
I'm gonna try with the "I don't care" attitude and take solace in the fact that she likes her princess vitamins.

chcr

Too cute for words
I learned early on that if you swallowed it quickly you wouldn't taste it and the spanking could be avoided. ;)

unclehobart

I usually got a whipping regardless of eating dinner or not. Eating got you five lashes with the belt. Not eating got you five lashes with the buckle end.

HomeLAN

Oh, if he truly doesn't like it, I won't make him eat it. It's refusing stuff he's never even TRIED that I will not deal with. He's got wierd tastes of his own, too. Black olives, asparagus, broccoli, he loves the stuff.

Inkara1

It's interesting how a spanking seems to be the only effective method here. I'd be interested to see what flavio suggests be tried instead.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
It's interesting how a spanking seems to be the only effective method here.
what part of my kids eat anything under the sun makes my method/Starya`s ineffective? :alienhuh:

Inkara1 said:
I'd be interested to see what flavio suggests be tried instead.
that was not called for.

chcr

Too cute for words
I was just thinking about sume of the stuff I was forced to eat when I was a kid that I don't eat now...

1. Brussel Sprouts (just ick)
2. Liver (does anyone besides me understand the liver's function?)
3. Worms (to be fair, my big sister made me eat those).

BeardofPants

I always ate my vegetables. Family rule was eat yer veggies first, then the meat. So I knew I had to suck it up and eat the yucky stuff first, before I could get to the "good" stuff.
Chic? I made MY lil' brother eat pond scum. Older sisters, eh? :lol:

greenfreak

I hated veggies and I'm still very picky about which ones I'll eat.

Most of that came from my mother's less-than-optimal cooking skills. Everything was boiled to death, bland and soggy. She loved to make peas, green beans and beets, all of which I hated. I loved broccoli and cauliflower, and carrots were ok but for some reason, she didn't make them as much.

Every once in a while she'd make broccoli with cheese sauce, that was awesome. And once she found out that we liked spinach (especially creamed spinach), we had that a lot. Candied carrots were out of this world, I would ALWAYS eat those but you're really going way over to the unhealthy end with that.

Otherwise, I'd slather the peas/green beans in italian dressing or A1 steak sauce. Killed the taste. I disliked asparagus back then but now I love it. Same thing with almost-raw squash, zucchini.

I guess it's all about finding out what they actually will eat, cooked or uncooked. There were four of us so someone was always unhappy with something. But you've got better odds with two. :)

nalani

I never forced veggies down my kids' throats either. They like what they like. They would try veggies and if they didn't like it, I wouldn't prepare it for them that way again. They wouldn't have issues with trying it prepared another way but if they didn't like it, I wouldn't force it. I just think about the things I was forced to eat when I was a child that I genuinely didn't like. A few I learned to like, but most things I didn't like back then, I still don't like now.

HomeLAN - my middle child was like V2.0 - he wouldn't eat meat .. no steak .. no chicken .. no fish .. if I made spaghetti sauce with hamburget or chili, I had to crumble the hamburger really well - no chunks. He eats beef and poultry now but still won't eat pork. The one time he did (a few years ago), his body rejected it and he got really sick. We could never figure out what the reason was for his not wanting meat. I still say he was just too damned lazy to chew it up :D

tonksy

I just have serious issue with letting her eat nothing but chicken and rice, chicken noodle soup, and canned spaghetti....but that's all she'll eat.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
We have a slightly different dilemma. The 12.97 year old had serious stomach issues as an infant and small child, and a few have lingered still. Hence, she is afraid to try certain things, and the reluctance has bled over into things she just doesn't want to try.

Since I came into the picture, she has discovered that she likes some things I've asked her to try. A bite is all I require; if you don't like it, say so. That's fine. Being picky myself, I ain't gonna force her to eat anything. For some ungodly reason, she still don't like cornbread. Oh the horror. But I can make up the identical batter and fry it like pancakes and she'll eat it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
I just have serious issue with letting her eat nothing but chicken and rice, chicken noodle soup, and canned spaghetti....but that's all she'll eat.
I know it.

But, cold as it may seem, Ethiopia has shown us that they can go a day or a week or month without fruit/greens/much at all without discernable harm. And in the meantime, you`re ignoring her eating habits altogether, praising the hell out of the other one and discussing with (the one that eats) and Rob the glory that is that night`s broccoli. She`ll soon be jealous and feel like she`s left out and not fitting in, figure out that it is self inflicted, and start it up on her own terms, really.

The really cold one would be running out of chicken, rice, chicken noodle soup, and canned spaghetti. A couple days of PB&J while the rest of you are gushing over the whatever splendid dinner would make her think twice too. Kids are too selfish to starve themselves or let themselves be *out of the loop*. You just have to figure out how to best work that to your advantage with her, and play her better than she`s playing you right now.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
For some ungodly reason, she still don't like cornbread. Oh the horror. But I can make up the identical batter and fry it like pancakes and she'll eat it.
I am of exactly the same opinion as she is on that. :lloyd:

I guess it boils down to not seeming so gritty in pancakes :sick: