stress!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
New shoes fix almost anything.

That is very true...I was feeling pretty low a few weeks ago (long story) so I decided to go spend money I didn't have on some shoes I'd see a couple of days before and I started to feel better...turns out they didn't have the shoes in my size (I never inquired the first time I saw them because I didn't intend to buy them)...I didn't think it was possible but not being able to get those shoes actually made me feel worse :crap:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Anyway, about the shoes, I've managed to not think about Dan and managed to be happy without him... and I have been... he comes to me screaming suicide... yeah it worries me... but I'm tired of letting him rule my life and my emotions and my mood.. I can care about him... but not let it consume me.... I can still enjoy my life... he's just a fraction of it now.... besides... they're fucking too awesome to not be in love with, god damn it.

I'm so glad to read this!!! Sounds like you're on the right path now :hug:

Inkara1

I was under the impression that most people who believe in "a better place" after death also believe suicide is a sin and a ticket to hell.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If someone is going to off himself, pills are not the way to go. You're too lilely to have your stomach pumped and get a big bill for it. The way to do it is to slam into a bridge post at about 110 miles an hour without a seat belt. That way, you're guaranteed to get killed and you don't take anyone else with you.

Too messy & too much work for the responding emergency personel, engineers that have to verify the safety of the bridge, the funeral home folks & the family.

Instead, go to sea & jump.

Inkara1

Too messy & too much work for the responding emergency personel, engineers that have to verify the safety of the bridge, the funeral home folks & the family.

Instead, go to sea & jump.

Too likely to wash up on shore alive. The only time you ever seem to get caught in a rip tide is when you're not trying to.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Be in Canada in the winter and walk out on the lake till you fall through the ice. Done.

BlurOfSerenity

this is reminding me of a film called, oddly, suicide . it's this little german film, from troma, if that indicates anything to anyone.
it's a faux-documentary, and the plot is is that these people film peoples' suicides, with the point of the videos being posted on a website. there's this one scene that's friggin classic - the suicidal man walks up numberous flights of stairs to the top of a building, with the cameraman following him and filming him. the man explains, in great detail, that to jump off a building is the only surefire way to kill oneself, listing all the shortcomings of other methods. then, of course, he gets to the top of the building and is too afraid to jump! and then theres a crazy twist i won't spoil, in case you decide you're bored enough to actually seek this one out.

Starya

I was under the impression that most people who believe in "a better place" after death also believe suicide is a sin and a ticket to hell.
That's mainly catholisism, I think, and there are plenty of religions that believe there is something "better" following this life. (To many who do commit suicide, I'm sure "nothing" will also seem as a better alternative to the life they have at that moment) Also, after the movie Constantine came out, I seem to remember some priest or whatever said that it was a myth that suicide in itself was equal of eternal damnation.

Aunty Em

I'd love to inform someone around him but everyone he knows just... knows Dan is synonymous with Suicidal... no one believes him anymore... no one sees anything in it... I do feel weird about this one though... but maybe he's just found another way to manipulate my feelings.

As for your friends who've tried/done it, I'm sorry... when someone dies you just think "they're in a better place" but I guess if they killed themselves they were actually purposely seeking that better place.. so it's better for them... I guess... but idk... I can't say much... I can't even fathom what I'd do or how I'd feel if Dan actually did die....kdjghoapjohthj

Anyway, about the shoes, I've managed to not think about Dan and managed to be happy without him... and I have been... he comes to me screaming suicide... yeah it worries me... but I'm tired of letting him rule my life and my emotions and my mood.. I can care about him... but not let it consume me.... I can still enjoy my life... he's just a fraction of it now.... besides... they're fucking too awesome to not be in love with, god damn it.

My dear, if he was serious he'd just do it. When I was suicidal I told no-one... what stopped me was the fact that there was nowhere I could go where I wouldn't be found before I had completed the task and I didn't want to be found alive after a suicide attempt and end up in some nuthouse.

Error

Banned
Today's his birthday... so I've been worried all day... all I've thought is

"Find a happy place! FIND A HAPPY PLACE!"

:(

Error

Banned
Oh yeah, he woke me up this morning at 930am (I don't work on Tuesdays) and he just said "I'm not dead." I was like... well thank god... and then he acted so fucking sweet to me so fun and nice and happy... and I was like whoa maybe he's changed his mind or something... but the issue of "us" and the lack thereof came up, and... well... I ended up crying my face off again... I told him how much I was going to hate him from this point on and to never come to me when he's sad because I'm going to care about him exactly as much as he cares about me. The end.

I cried for a few hours, then my best friend in the world made my day and I've been fine ever since. I love him.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, he woke me up this morning at 930am (I don't work on Tuesdays) and he just said "I'm not dead." I was like... well thank god... and then he acted so fucking sweet to me so fun and nice and happy... and I was like whoa maybe he's changed his mind or something... but the issue of "us" and the lack thereof came up, and... well... I ended up crying my face off again... I told him how much I was going to hate him from this point on and to never come to me when he's sad because I'm going to care about him exactly as much as he cares about me. The end.

I cried for a few hours, then my best friend in the world made my day and I've been fine ever since. I love him.

:hug:

BlurOfSerenity

well, i'm glad he's not dead... and i'm glad that you seem to be realizing that he's just dragging you down at this point. *hugggs!*