stress!

Error

Banned
Today I got to work and found a note from the mother saying to

1. limit the tv time to 2 hours.
and
2. bathe BOTH kids (the 4yr old AND the baby)

Without that extra 1.5 hours of letting the kid watch tv, I had to entertain him single-handedly. I can honestly say I've never played choo-choo's until today.

Getting him in the bathtub was easy... keeping the baby entertained, and safe, bleh...

Bathing the baby! HOLY JEEZ... I've bathed a baby before, but it was in the baby bath, in the sink, etc... this baby bath no fit in sink. This baby bath ON FLOOR and this babysitter having no idea how to rinse the soaps off this baby...

AH GOD.

Thennnnnnnnnnnnn naptime and the hour and a half of "i don't wanna"s and "I WAS sleeping!"s.

Then I came home and my mom's in a bad mood and I get all bitched at...

Not to mention some drama in the ol personal life went down last night... I have a guy friend who's been there for me all through the breakup and all that and I've gotten pretty attached to him... and I'm starting to get jealous of say... him with other girls? I think I'm feeling things for him I shouldn't be... and I sorta told him and he sorta tried to talk me out of it... and it sorta made sense so I sorta agreed... but deep down I sorta think I'm right... but I'll never let it show... it'll kill our friendship and I've never had a stronger, closer, better, sweeter or more caring friend... I've never had a friend with even one of those qualities... so yeah I'm emo-stressed all to hell along with the previously mentioned.

So yeah, to make this *not* all about me, I know you guys have had some really UGH days... if you can top this, I love you.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well, the day I got a call from a police dispatcher telling me my house (and everything I owned) was on fire was pretty much the low point of my life thus far...

markjs

Banned
Well I am a recovering addict, and I am sick this week. I mean liquids coming from both ends, and I won't go into any more detail than that. So I haven't been to a meeting in almost a week, and I am really getting a little frayed around the edges and cabin fever, so at about 6:30am I towel off the seat, get on the bike (I have no car), and it's raining (even worse). The bike doesn't want to start but it does.

The last time I rode it was several days ago and I'd forgotten that the tank was on reserve and I was low on gas. As I am leaving the first light as it just turned green and making my left turn the rain slicked road is so slick my back wheel slips a bit, but I am a very experianced rider and I keep the rubberside down.

I should have had enough gas to do the 4 mile trip to the morning meeting, but it's not. I feel it starting to die out on me, right as I am passing the first gas station, and so I roll into the second gas station which is very close to the first one. The engine dies as I roll to the pump.

This is a very small town (population around 8000), so it surprises me to see the note taped to the pump; "cash customers pre-pay". So I go for my wallet as I walk twords the store, and I don't have it! Now I am pissed! If it not been for the sign on the pump I might have just got my gas, then realized I didn't have the money, which would have been better, because as small as this town is, I would have just left them my cellphone (if I even had to leave collateral which is unlikely, because I am known in town and have a good name) and rode home for the money and paid them on the way back through.

So I fire up the bike (motorcycles can run when they are almost out of gas for a while). There is definately no gas in at least one of the four carbs and I have to keep it somewhat gunned when I was idling or shifting gears so it wouldn't die, but that used more gas. I get almost home (1.5 miles of the 2 mile trip). So now I am freaking outraged! I am soaked, and I get to walk a half mile home.

I get home, and don't find my wallet anywhere it should have been. Now my sanity is really starting to fray. I walk through the house and when I get off the carpet and onto the linoleum in the kitchjen, my shoes are sill wet, so I do a faceplant on the kitchen floor! It hurts. I scream obscenities, at the top of my lungs. I get up, and punch the refrigerator, and I tell ya if that was a person they'd have gone down. Now my hand hurts.

I get to the washer, the last place I can think of my wallet would be in, and it is, in my pants pocket. My insurance card and many others is ruined. My money is soggy, and now I have to wake Jody up (she HATES that on workdays). Jody get's up takes me to the gas station in the car, we get back to the bike, and no keys.

We go home, get the keys go back to the bike. It's normal for it to be a little hard to start a bike after its bone dry on gas, but this is a 15 minute process and I damn near drain the battery, but it finally starts.

I start to ride it home, and immediately almost spill the fucker because I left the kickstand down (I NEVER do that!). But being a seasoned rider I pull it off and get home, and park it.

The lawn (if you can call it that) is slick as snot on a brass doorknob and I land on my ass in the soaking grass/mud/gravel mix that serves as our yard. By this time it's about 7:15, and too late to really bother with the meeting and I am feeling sicker, and shittier than ever.

I get in the house and notice that the little earpiece that goes on my earphones that I use under the helmet has turned up missing, rendering them useless. Thats another $20 bucks to replace them (even at Walmart) because they are the good ones.

I decided that was the final indignity, and I laid down, went back to bed and woke up around 1pm starting my day over, I am still sick and that sucks, but otherwise so far so good!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The day my son died tops bathing a baby. Yes, he was revived & is still pissing me off on a daily basis (as is the job of a 14 year old).

I'm curious, is it common for sperm & egg donors to ask surrogate moms (typically called day care providers) to bathe an infant?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Error: The baby tub wouldn't fit into the regular bathtub? The bathtub my mom had for my little brother was too big for a sink but she used to sit it in the regualr bathtub.

Error

Banned
Nix: The 4yr old was taking his bath in the tub, because I timed their baths together thinking the baby bath would fit in the sink... no dice. Next time I'm going to use the bathtub, but just today that wasn't an option.

nodnod: find me a baby bath you'll fit in to, and I'll volunteer.

tonksy

Gonz - apparently it is not uncommon among people who are comfortable leaving their children with someone with very little experience.

(No offense, Error)

Winky

yes low quality parents tend to raise low quality offspring
its just a fact of nature
the law of the jungle has been subverted by first world abundance

markjs

Banned
Yeah I know since without knowing most of the facts, you are as per usual so obviously, far superior to just about eveyone else on the planet. Perhaps you and some like you can make up the "master race" and start a movement to stamp the inferiors out and make the world a utopia.....Oh wait I think that's already been tried, unsuccessfully.

Error

Banned
Gonz - apparently it is not uncommon among people who are comfortable leaving their children with someone with very little experience.

(No offense, Error)

Implying I have "very little experience"?

I've been babysitting since I was 16. I've had infants, toddlers, preschool kids, school aged kids, and get this - a handicapped kid for 8 hours a day every day for a few months. Like I said, I've bathed a baby... but I've always had the sink... it was just slightly different and I didn't expect it to be... kids are what I'm good at... they're one of the things that I know without a doubt that I can do and do well.

Very little experience my ass.

By the way, this family is rich as hell. The dad owns a big company here in town... big as in it's one of the biggest. The mom is the director of nursing at a hospital. Their house is one of those huge extravagant ones you drive by just to look at. They have an amish lady clean their house for them weekly. They have big screen TV's in every room with satellite. They have like 4 guest rooms.... need I continue? They're amazingly well-to-do and they are fantastic parents.

You people make terrible assumptions and all it does is piss me off.