Sucks to be her

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hooters? Hell those aren't even bumps on a boy:D

She needs to find the original contest entry. If it said TOYOTA & not Toy Yoda she has a case. This is an old news thing though & there was a suit. I never heard the outcome.

unclehobart

I remember this lawsuit during the premiere of Episode I. This one had to have been resolved one way or the other by now. Any word out on the web about it?

PostCode

Major contributor!
Sure does seem like she is going to end up spending more for legal fees that what she would win, unless those costs are covered in some way with the settlement or win.

Quit yer bitchin. You won the toy yoda. What more do you want? :lol:

A.B.Normal

EX-WAITRESS SETTLES TOY YODA SUIT
LHN reported last October a story about a former Hooters waitress who thought she had won a company-endorsed beer sales contest for a new Toyota, only then to realize that she had won a new ‘toy Yoda’ doll. After the stunt, Jodee Berry quit the restaurant and filed a lawsuit against its corporate owner, alleging breach of contract and fraudulent misrepresentation. The two sides have now reached a settlement, and her lawyer said that Berry could now go to a local car dealership and "pick out whatever type of Toyota she wants."

http://www.legalhumour.com/lhn/archives/2002/lhn051502.htm

Dave

she should have kept the yoda. it would probably be worth a hell of a lot more than the car in 20 years.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Gonz said:
Hooters? Hell those aren't even bumps on a boy:D

She needs to find the original contest entry. If it said TOYOTA & not Toy Yoda she has a case. This is an old news thing though & there was a suit. I never heard the outcome.

i can't believe you can actually sue people for such idiot things...:rolleyes: