Sushi

spike

My birthday was yesterday and my girlfriend took me out to my favorite sushi restaurant. We got some vegetable tempura, miso soup, teriyaki salmon, california rolls, a spicy scallop roll (a little slimey for my taste), various nigiri, a tuna roll, a big vat of saki.

So what's you favorite sushi? I'm up for anything except the fish eggs. I'm going to have to learn how to make this stuff myself.

Well, Happy Birthday.

My favorite sushi is .... on someone else's plate. Preferable in someone else's house. The missus eats it ... I usually leave the table when she does.

Happy birthday!

I like spicy tuna rolls. California rolls are ok. The last couple of times I got them from my favorite resturant the crab meat has been really strong.

We would have given you a Bday thread... but your profile shell has nigh upon zero info.

I like softshell crab, yellowtail, basic tuna and salmon rolls... heck.. it would be easier to list what I don't like about sushi.

I pretty much avoid the ones already coated in soy/teriyaki and/or the special spicy sauce as it is mayo.

The only sushi I have anything to do with goes on the end of a fish hook. I ain't about to put raw fish in my mouth. Some things don't have to be taught.

Oh sure... put raw beef in your mouth but not fish. Fish is fine in a raw state. Its that goldurn chicken you have to cook through and through.

...and Sushi ain't (all) raw fish. That's a misunderstanding. Sushi is the way it's prepared, kinda like the term "Barbeque"

What kind of food is it? - BBQ (could be BBQ pork, chicken, fish, beef)
What kind of food is it? - Sushi (bite-sized servings of cooked sticky rice, served cold, flavored with sweet rice vinegar and grated green horseradish, or wasabi, and garnished with strips of raw or cooked fish, other seafood, cooked egg or vegetables. Also called maki-zushi when wrapped in dry seaweed, or nori.)

I like Sushi..but I'm not a connaisseur.

Soft shell crab roll, yum yum roll, rainbow roll, Sweet egg nigiri, eel nigiri...I like most of the whole genre except for urchin.
And Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

I LOVE crunchy rolls, Boston Hand Rolls, Rainbow Rolls, Philly Rolls, Salmon Rolls, and anything with yellow tail. Have you tried Pineapple Saki? It is Soooooooo Good! When I've had it it was served cold which was different, but very smooth!

happy Birthday
Spike !!

..what Majesty X said .. about wot the other 2 said ... apart from the fish bit ...​

Have you tried Pineapple Saki? It is Soooooooo Good! When I've had it it was served cold which was different, but very smooth!

That sounds really good. The saki I had yesterday was served cold. It was a nice change actually.

I'm going to have to try making sushi rolls at home. Can't be that hard.

That sounds really good. The saki I had yesterday was served cold. It was a nice change actually.

I'm going to have to try making sushi rolls at home. Can't be that hard.

The major slipup in making sushi at home is packing/rolling it too tight. It presses that rice into a brick.

Back