Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 31/07/2003
Time: 20:37:26
User: N/A
Computer: GAME
Description:
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf9e3de3, parameter3 a76d3b3c, parameter4 00000000.

Anyone have any idea what this could possibly mean? Thanks

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Your computer had an error?

Welcome to the wonderful world of windows error codes. Seriously, it might mean something to the person that wrote the game, but that's about it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Even if you knew what program caused it, and what happened at the time of the error, that code is pretty much useless to any troubleshooter. The quicker solution to the problem is to fdisk, delete the partition, and install Linux, and never have to worry about cryptic Windows errors again :shrug:

Of course, then you've got to recompile the kernel every time you turn around. :tardbang:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
What were you doing that caused the error? I'm assuming that GAME is the name of your computer and you weren't playing a game called GAME.

* drunkenly climbs atop soapbox

as cryptic as linux seems (and oftentimes is), i've noticed that as a general rule linux error messages are far more helpful than windows codes. in my experience, if linux is going to bitch about something it;s usually during the initial build of a package, after that it's [generally] smooth sailing. if you do get an error message, it generally explains that XYZ is the wrong version or wasn't found, whereas windows gives you error code "0x064fa100".

tommyj27

Not really Banned
fury said:
Even if you knew what program caused it, and what happened at the time of the error, that code is pretty much useless to any troubleshooter. The quicker solution to the problem is to fdisk, delete the partition, and install Linux, and never have to worry about cryptic Windows errors again :shrug:

Of course, then you've got to recompile the kernel every time you turn around. :tardbang:
i didn't see this before i posted, good call fury :headbang:

karma++;

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tommyj27 said:
it generally explains that XYZ is the wrong version or wasn't found, whereas windows gives you error code "0x064fa100".

Dude with so many bugs in the code, if they explained each error, the "error code database" would be bigger than the program itself ;) :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
fury said:
The quicker solution to the problem is to fdisk, delete the partition, and install Linux, and never have to worry about cryptic Windows errors again :shrug:

Like system on crack and printer on fire :tardbang: :rofl4: