talk radio

kuulani

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!!

Did I make myself clear? I HATE IT!!

*phew* thanks for letting me vent.
Recently, the box for our satellite broke, and instead of getting it fixed, my husband decides we don't need to pay for satellite anymore, which was fine with me, we don't need tv, I'm fine listening to MUSIC on the radio.

Lately though, my hubby is getting into this talk radio station, where all they do is talk about extra-terrestrials and stuff like that. I have to admit, it's interesting to listen to every so often, but NOT all night, every night. It's driving me mad.

Don't take up driving for a living then. After 5000 repeitions of America's Top24 crap songs all day, all night, all the time, talk radio becomes decent...while the theme doesn't change the melody does.

Gonz said:
Don't take up driving for a living then. After 5000 repeitions of America's Top24 crap songs all day, all night, all the time, talk radio becomes decent...while the theme doesn't change the melody does.

Mirlyn says Sirius is the way to go. :D Personally, I have a CD-MP3 player and twelve CDs with 120+ songgs on each plugged into my car stereo. I hate talk radio too. It's all variations on a theme.

Pay for radio when it's already free? Are you mad :D

Dish has Sirius now.

I don't know, Gonz. I'm the original cheap bastard, but if I drove for a living I'd seriously consider it. 10 bucks a month plus a new toy. :D

My Top 200 NASDAQ corp would balk at buying the hardware or paying the bill. Cheap bastards.

Maybe you've got Air America out there... assuming they didn't bounce the check to pay the station to carry them. :D

I had XM and ditched it after a year. It may have been commercial free, but the variety was semi-limited and whole chunks of it were mass loop tapes. After two months I could tell you what song was going to play next becuase I had memorized the playlists. The comedy channel had an even smaller playist. Only the BBC and a handful of news stations would be on a decent rotation.

unclehobart said:
I had XM and ditched it after a year. It may have been commercial free, but the variety was semi-limited and whole chunks of it were mass loop tapes. After two months I could tell you what song was going to play next becuase I had memorized the playlists. The comedy channel had an even smaller playist. Only the BBC and a handful of news stations would be on a decent rotation.

When I make a minidisc or CD and listen to it a lot I get used to the order...then when I make a new one and have some of the same songs on it I always expect the song that followed a certain song on the LAST disc to play and I start singing it and realize it's something else!

unclehobart said:

Sirius's content is supposed to be muuuch wider. All their channels are also commercial free - some of XM's still run ads.

I think I'll ask for Sirius for my birthday. I can already hear the laughter, but I'll ask anyway.

I have to agree with Gonz here. On long drives (and I drive about 4hrs a day on average), talk radio is the only way to go. Music radio, with their fast rotations, are repetitive and predicteable. On long hauls, music'll put me to sleep...talk radio keeps my brain awake and provides news and issue fodder for here :D

around here there's a nice mix between talk radio and music radio...they repeat the same Top 100 or less songs every time, so they fill up time with talk as well.
especially in the morning, if you're driving to work, a nice discussion wakes me up pretty well. must say it really depends on the people...some people are really annoying, while others are actually interesting to listen to.

of course, without any music, it would be horrible as well :)

Talk Radio or "Whingealot - FM" as me mate used to call it :D

No 'fanks.......if I wanted to listen to folks whinge I'd go sit in the doxy's waiting room ;)

talk radio always gets my dander up...constantly being reminded what a moronic society of leaders and followers we have...ie talk about this or that corrupt politians and being subjected to the less that articulate callers they put on the air.
i much prefer my channel surfing looking for a non commercial or something that i didn't hear five minutes ago.
on long trips we have been listening to audio books. what a great idea! i have a hard time reading print these days and this way i can experience novels again.

Back