Taxes

Oh, and I pay my taxes because of my allergy problem. I'm allergic to going to prison and especially to getting fucked in the ass.

I think it depends on 'where' you live too.
ex. if milk/gal is $4 or $6...
If I lived any closer to Atl., I'd have a much harder time making ends meet.

I do have an emergency savings, but I'd still like to hit the lotto.:D

yeah it requires being 'poor'

ain't it great?

Ah, but therein lies the rub. I don't consider myself poor, and never have. The thought never occurred to me that I would be considered so, as I live well above many of my neighbors. Not all, but many.

I don't intend to preach or go Hallmark on anybody, but there are more ways to measure richness than by zeroes.

I don't have a $180,000 home. But your $180,000 home doesn't have what mine does when we walk out on our front porches either. That is priceless.

I don't live in Fill In The Blank Acres. But I also don't have speed bumps, neighbors close enough to hear my bed farts, neighborhood Nazi ordinances, or highway noise.

I have a roof over my head, attached to a dwelling far nicer than I need. I have reliable transportation, I ain't missed too many meals, I stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I have a good job, a home filled with trinkets, toys galore, decent health more often than not, a loving family, a basset hound who loves me no matter what, and color TV with cable.

In fact, all things being equal, I wouldn't trade with anyone on here for one day. So no, I ain't poor. Not even remotely close.

[/parable]

See you ain't 'poor' and I daresay neither is anyone else on this board!

True wealth ain't measured in dollars and cents.

As for taxes I guess they are easier to avoid than death.

See you ain't 'poor' and I daresay neither is anyone else on this board!

True wealth ain't measured in dollars and cents.

If wealth were measured in dollars and sense, we'd have us a whole whack of poor people online ;)

ya i just donated 'bout 10 PC's from my garage to a local secondhand store. Some po' folk gonna get them a 586!

ya i just donated 'bout 10 PC's from my garage to a local secondhand store. Some po' folk gonna get them a 586!

If'n you got extry cash to spend on a computer y'all ain't really poor.

If you're using money that should be paying the rent or buying food then you're stupid.

How would you change the system?

4% flat. On corporate & individual.

Gotta pay for those F-35s doncha know.

It'll never happen, because we have been conditioned.

With more conditioning happening daily.
um most flat tax proposals don't start until 40k/yr (36k for forbes). if you is po', you dont pay no tax.

EVERYBODY needs to pay taxes. Then they all can figure out we need to pay fewer of them.

Re the 40K cutoff, I couldn't get by on that. I don't know very many families who can or do.

Every year, save one or two. Me, and 175million of my closest friends & relatives.

I have a roof over my head, attached to a dwelling far nicer than I need. I have reliable transportation, I ain't missed too many meals, I stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I have a good job, a home filled with trinkets, toys galore, decent health more often than not, a loving family, a basset hound who loves me no matter what, and color TV with cable.

Amen brother.

stupid democrats.

If'n you got extry cash to spend on a computer y'all ain't really poor.

If you're using money that should be paying the rent or buying food then you're stupid.

ya, just like if you got money for a carton of gpc's or a case of old milwaukee or a bag of schwag?

anna jobe that provide OK health & dental two weeks
a yar paid vaca and also some of the legal holidays
and lets not fergit that sick pay and...

Again.. flat rate across the board, top to bottom.

My other plan would be to scrap all income taxes and make a national sales tax. Food and housing would be tax free. Everything else get hit at 17%. If you don't need it, don't buy it. Income can go straight into savings without the g-men getting their slab first. One would already be ahead of the game and making gobs of savings right out of the gate and then get to keep it all on the back end when cashed out. Its only when they buy cars, beer, plane tickets, and big screen tv's that they pay the piper. If you are a saver, you are ahead by miles, if you're a spender, oh well.

Oh yeah... scrap Social Security. Its a crock o' poop.

Again.. flat rate across the board, top to bottom.

My other plan would be to scrap all income taxes and make a national sales tax. Food and housing would be tax free. Everything else get hit at 17%. If you don't need it, don't buy it. Income can go straight into savings without the g-men getting their slab first. One would already be ahead of the game and making gobs of savings right out of the gate and then get to keep it all on the back end when cashed out. Its only when they buy cars, beer, plane tickets, and big screen tv's that they pay the piper. If you are a saver, you are ahead by miles, if you're a spender, oh well.

Oh yeah... scrap Social Security. Its a crock o' poop.

Harumph.

Back