Teenager gives birth to surprise baby

MrBishop

A 13-year-old British girl who did not realise she was pregnant has given birth to a baby weighing three kilos (six-and-a-half pounds) she has named Sophie.

Charlotte Maddox said she remembered feeling "a bit podgy" but did not know she was pregnant until she went into labour. Initially, she put her contractions down to a stomach infection.

"I was screaming in pain and put it down to eating too much. I was screaming in pain and shouted, 'I've got to push something, it's coming!'" she told Britain's Daily Mirror.

"That was the first time I realised I was pregnant and about to become a mum. Suddenly the pain disappeared and I was in total shock.

"The next thing I knew was hearing Sophie scream for the first time. I was so relieved she was safe. Then it suddenly hit me that I was a mum.

"My whole life had changed in three hours. I went from feeling a bit poorly and worrying about my homework to holding a newborn baby in my arms and worrying about a new life."

The teenager, from Devon, southwest England, said she had lost her virginity on the day of her 13th birthday.

She was living with a foster family at the time, although she returned to live with her parents in September.

She said she had no desire to see the 15-year-old father of her baby daughter.

"I don't want him looking after her. He wasn't the nicest boy in the world, and I think we will be better off without him," she said.

Didn't realize that she was pregnant??!?

Ya know...if he wasn't 'the nicest boy'...why'd she boff him??

Maybe he was a bit forceful. I'll accept the "I didn't know I was pregnant" from a child, they don't understand the workings of their body enough to notice, perhaps. What kills me is when it is a grown woman. There was a sailor on an aircraft carrier that had the same excuse. Can you imagine the look on the poor corpsmans face when he realized what he was going to have to do?

Many girls boff bad boys. That's hardly a surprise. Doesn't mean the wanna marry them.

As for not knowing one is pregnant, yeah it's definitely possible. Some hardly get a belly when pregnant. Kicks can be mistaken for gas. Some have irregular periods to begin with (very common for young girls), while others continue to have menstrual-like bleedings. So, if the "symptoms" of pregnancy are small, they may not be recognised by someone who didn't think they could get pregnant (or was to daft to consider the possibility).

tonksy said:
Maybe he was a bit forceful. I'll accept the "I didn't know I was pregnant" from a child, they don't understand the workings of their body enough to notice, perhaps. What kills me is when it is a grown woman. There was a sailor on an aircraft carrier that had the same excuse. Can you imagine the look on the poor corpsmans face when he realized what he was going to have to do?

Umm.. this is probably going to sound like a lame question but, what did teh corpsman have to do?

nalani said:
Umm.. this is probably going to sound like a lame question but, what did teh corpsman have to do?
Deliver a baby in the middle of the ocean having had absolutely no training in this field as pregnant women are not allowed to be deployed. They had no equiptment for it. I know people do it in their homes all the time but they generally know a baby is on the way.

Back