Terrorist Donuts

You're a TA right? If you're anything like our comp sci TA, you deserve to be shot, beaten, hanged, stabbed, and kissed for making our lives to miserable.

I'm a good TA. I actually help students instead of tell them they're stupid...well I do now!

We don't want him to go away, per se. Its just that we would have preferred an introduction and a handshake prior to his taking a leak on our shoes. If all hes going to do is troll and bait... *points to exit*

No, but the blondie big boob ones always came to me with their cleavage showing, asking for help.:D

Insofar as the original premise of the thread goes:

You can legislate and regulate fishing, homes, cars, flying, paint, and the color of asphalt... but you simply run into all kinds of hell if you try and regulate something that is a core effect of the human condition. You can't license having babies. You can't tell people to 'just hold it in'. And you sure as hell can't tell anyone what they can and can't do to their own bodies in reards to food and general health. The more you try to educate, the more you try to force people to do something that their own psyche considers to be contrary to nature, the bolder the resistance and defiance you will encounter.

The human body has a set point for weight and it will go to great lengths to maintain it. A persons mind will in all sincerity think that it is perfectly fine to eat 12000 calories a day and stay at 450 pounds even though they can't walk up a flight of stairs without chest pains. We are only in the second generation of the era of plentiful food. We don't have to expend any energy anymore to stuff our faces. Rewiring the survival grade thrifty genes within the human species simply cannot be accomplished overnight. They have served us well over the last umpteen thousands of years... and now our era of Roman-esque plenty has come back to haunt us.

Heart disease is 10 fold... yes. Weight related failings of diabetes and blood pressure are insanely high.. yes. People will die in droves. So what? Its just the modern equivalent of people dying from diseases of the days of old. The world population is 4 times higher than what it was all of a century ago. The natural evolutionary process of strife and strengthen has been interrupted ... but only briefly. Its now continuing via a sidebar method of death by plenty instead of death by too little. Nature will always find a way.

Back